BBTV is a media-tech company advancing the world through the creation, distribution, management and monetization of content. BBTV provides end-to-end solutions to content owners including proprietary tech, leading services and enhanced distribution & monetization. We have built proprietary VISO technologies leveraging machine learning, digital signal processing and big data to power our platform and ecosystem. Our key revenue streams represent the most relevant and scalable opportunities for monetization of digital IP across advertising, SaaS/content management, mobile apps and other revenue streams. BBTV is the second largest video property worldwide in terms of unique viewers following only Google, reaching tens of billions of monthly impressions.
We are currently seeking a YouTube Specialist, based in our Vancouver office, who is driven, passionate, focused, organized, resourceful and tech savvy. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to begin their professional career in the field of digital and online media content! In this role, you’ll work with our Professional Services team to foster important relationships with our top partners. Existing professional services partners include Sony Pictures, NBA and Univision.
- Manage YouTube channels for our Professional Service partners, with their specific goals in mind.
- Optimize YouTube videos by creating customized thumbnails, end screens, meta-tags to the videos, and writing attractive titles and descriptions to make videos click-worthy.
- Develop and design thumbnails and other design elements for channels for our Professional Service partners, taking direction from brand and content guidelines
- Collaborate and communicate within the Channel Development team and across departments to ensure a high quality level of work, including clarifying visual requirements, editing styles, and production workflow, etc.
- Maintain communication with team members and clients by gathering feedback and making adjustments to design optimizations as necessary throughout the entire production process
- Maintain an organized system of managing files to be re-used in the future, and make backups to the server and/or external externals regularly, as required
- Track, analyze and report on key opportunities for growth and/or change
- Perform as a front-line resource for YouTube “best practices”
- Plan content strategies and content release scheduling for TV Shows and Movie releases
- Curate content playlists and channel presentation
- Claim content on behalf of our partners
- Create, edit & upload videos to our partners channel
- Assist with content production, as required and is interested in story telling.
- Design support for our partner channels, as required
- Support the training and onboarding of new team members, as required
- Support channel development and rights management requirements for clients as required from time to time
- Additional reasonable duties as required by the company from time to time
- Post-secondary education in Digital Media, Media Studies, or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in a design, social media oriented role, or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced experience using Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Video editing software
- Social media expertise across social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, TikTok, Snap as required for Pro-Services partners.
- Ability to look at data and analytics in order to determine video performance looking at metrics such as views, watch time.
- Ability to strategize and look at ways to improve video/channel performance
- Ability to communicate and act with maturity and professionalism
- Great personality with a positive and professional attitude
- Ability to take the initiative and drive excellent results
- Growing understanding of Brands and their needs online
- Skilled in using spreadsheets and creating reports
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
At BBTV, our team is everything. We offer competitive compensation packages and have a strong focus on diversity, inclusiveness and equitable compensation. We also offer flexible hours and operate on a horizontal management structure that rewards creativity and values transparency.
From our commitment to giving back (support for everyone to volunteer with a charitable or community initiative), our culture committee (social events, team-building, diversity and inclusion), and our support for personal and career development through our learning & development program, we’re not your typical 9-5 gig.
BBTV is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all people.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for This Job