Job Title:Workforce Strategies AnalystWork Site:Workforce Strategies, 601 West Broadway – Vancouver, BCStatus:Regular Full TimeStart Date:As soon as possibleHours:
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Workforce Strategies Analyst with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Workforce Strategies Analyst to join the Workforce Strategies team in Vancouver. This is a brand new role that will be responsible for supporting the Workforce Strategies Lead in analyzing complex people analytics and presenting key information in a user-friendly format. If this sounds like you, apply today to join our team!
As a Workforce Stategies Analyst you will:
- Provide strong integration of workforce analytics and reporting to identify and inform workforce solutions and provide recommendations based on operational needs.
- Combine strong communication and presentation skills, strategic analysis, reporting, and business analysis principles to scope and execute workforce strategies in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Define, analyze, and document the needs to develop recommended solutions with an emphasis on data driven strategies, challenging convention, building relationships and thinking critically.
- Understand current processes and challenges, analyzing the scope of proposed solutions, including impact to clinical operations and other People and Operations work streams, and consolidating findings into a future state design.
- Collaborate and interface with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) Directors, Managers, Coordinators, and the project team members.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Degree in Health or Business Administration, supplemented with course work in project management, organizational behavior, and/or health informatics.
- Three (3) years’ recent, related experience in a complex health care environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze, assess, and prepare business case proposals and present recommendations to senior management levels.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically and creatively solve complex problems within a dynamic and changing environment.
- Strong analytical skills with emphasis on decision-making and problem solving including ability to assess and anticipate future issues and proactively respond with innovative options/solutions.
- Expert written, verbal and presentation skills to effectively communicate concepts and ideas, and to lead, influence, and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
- Broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and community settings.
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff – both current and prospective – have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.