Student (Fixed Term)
BlackBerry is looking for a top notch Web Software Developer for the upcoming term. If you are looking to do meaningful work for an iconic company then this position is for you!
Who are we? Our team owns some of the most mission critical web assets within BlackBerry.
Location: Waterloo, ON
Length of Term: 8 Months
- Power our beta program to make sure new applications, devices and operating systems are amazing right from the first time they go live
- Let customers and carriers both purchase new solutions and protect their information by wiping and locating stolen/lost devices
- Offer online training to employees and customers
- Communicate and collaborate internally
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently pursuing a post-secondary education in Technology, Engineering or a related field of study
- Are comfortable writing shell scripts and working on several platforms (Linux/Windows)
- Sweat the details. It isn’t easy making web sites that perform well, while being both highly secure and a pleasure to use on different form factors. Our team takes pride in our craft and ability to get all of these things right.
- Enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and coming up with amazing solutions. You don’t get stuck. When you don’t initially know how to solve something, you keep digging until you can.
- Like to help people. You are patient, level-headed and it makes your day when you do something to help your customers or co-workers.
- Communicates effectively. You can explain just about anything to anyone either verbally or in writing. Given a high level assignment, you use these skills to clarify what is needed so you build the right solution.
- Are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges and pitch in when a co-worker needs help without being asked. You offer your best effort every day because you want to contribute and learn as much as possible during the time you spend with us.
Job Family Group Name:
Business Administration & Operations
Scheduled Weekly Hours: