David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit a talented Web/Software Developer to join their office in Ottawa.
The successful incumbent will have a solid understanding of web-based technologies and be responsible for implementing and maintaining Front-End and Back-End systems for both their website and mobile applications while providing technical support for clients/staff. Emphasis will be placed on the candidate’s ability to be creative, innovative, and responsible combined with meeting deadlines/time constraints.
- Implement new features/updates on website and e-commerce systems.
- Integrate images, animations and audio into various programs.
- Create and maintain mobile applications.
- Provide technical support to customers and staff.
- Maintain company workstations/servers and monitor the system backup and recovery processes.
- Perform additional duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 2+ years of practical experience.
- Experience with SQL Server and MySQL databases, SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Intermediate knowledge of back-end languages: ASP Classic, ASP.NET, C#.
- Experience managing web servers (Windows 2003 / 2008) IIS 7.0, DNS, FTP accounts and email servers is an asset.
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and experience supporting website users.
- Visual design and image editing experience is an asset.
- Experience trouble-shooting workstation and hardware issues.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Kelly Stephan , Recruiter, Aplin Information Technology, Engineering, Sales & Marketing – Ottawa Region. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly 4 decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com . #LI-DNP #IND-DNP