Kepler is changing the face of satellite communications by launching a constellation of telecommunication nanosatellites! With the recent success of our Series A funding, a handful of early customers, and our first 13 satellites in orbit, Kepler is currently doubling in size!
We invest heavily to deliver the best products to our customers, and so we’re on the hunt for a top-tier Web Application Developer who will have the opportunity to work on Mission Control software, and customer facing UIs for our Global Data Service and EverywhereIoT product offerings.
- Collaborate with our internal Graphic & UI/UX Designer to plan software UI features
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders such as internal software engineering team members and our external customers and users to obtain feedback and incorporate feedback into future feature development and the UI/UX
- Design and develop reliable, high quality software related to: 1) Responsible for Mission control software UI, 2) Internal tools for managing and monitoring network traffic and operations, 3) Global Data service portal, 4) Ground equipment management interfaces, 5) Hardware and software test systems
- Writing thorough tests and documentation
- Participating in software design review and code review processes
- Minimum 3years developing progressive front-end web applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong front-end web development skills demonstrated through sample work
- Experience working with React, Angular, Node.js, jQuery or equivalent webframeworks
- Understanding of user design (UI/UX) principles
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively use git
- Masters degree
- Relevant experience with hobbies or University design team
- Python development experience, especially with back-end frameworks like Flask or Django
- Strong knowledge of computer networking and modern networking protocols
- Ability to work within a Linux environment
- Experience with relational databases and building scalable software
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, through our Career Page to make your accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.