Job Req ID: 13065
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Supermicro Computer Inc. is currently seeking a VP Business Development to successfully expand Supermicro’s customer base in North America. As a VP, Business Development for Large Accounts you will be responsible for hunting new business opportunities and engaging with clients to drive for business success. In this position, you will be building and maintaining the relationship with major Hyperscale customers, Service Providers, and Enterprise customers for developing deep relationships and build big opportunity pipelines. In addition, you will lead and influence customers decision process to build and grow their computing, storage and networking environments by using Supermicro’s solutions and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Evangelize service offerings and increase footprint
• Build CxO level decision maker and influencer relationships
• Arrange and manage executive-level QBRs
• Negotiate and close Master Purchase and Service Agreements with Top 300 accounts
• Assess and demonstrate how Supermicro solutions result in business success, lower TCO and outperform the competition
• Open greenfield verticals by disrupting their thinking and bring awareness to Supermicro as a top tier enterprise / datacenter vendor
• Promote our solutions and benefits of adoption over the short and long term range
• Meet and exceed annual targets based on quarterly established KPIs
• Negotiate and close strategic agreements with Top 300 customers
• Work closely with Sales teams to achieve revenue goals, fulfillment, service and support resulting in 100% customer satisfaction
• Search for and develop new greenfield accounts; some travel required (up to 50%)
• Engage with clients and qualify opportunities, create target lists for different vertical markets
• Establish a high level of personal credibility as a trusted advisor to key client decision makers and to Supermicro executive and sales management team
• Successfully manage all client requirements by responding to RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs
• Represent and sell the entire Super Micro portfolio of solutions and services to Hyperscale customers, Service Providers, and Enterprise customers
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering combined with Master of Business Administration will be preferred
• Minimum 15 years of successful Business Development and/or Sales experience, proven track record of penetrating large Hyperscale accounts, Service Providers, and Enterprise customers including Fortune 1000 companies and Global Multinationals
• Strong technical knowledge and understanding of servers, storage, enterprise applications, networking solutions – highly familiar with the server / storage industry
• Solid interpersonal skill, able to communicate effectively in verbal and written with excellent executive level presentation skills
• Experience in leading business meetings and communication, ability to persuade CxO level decision-makers that lead to business opportunities and achieve significant results
• Demonstrated ability in the following areas: hunting for big new opportunities, qualification and objection handling, contract negotiations, completing RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs and closing big customer projects resulting in significant revenue contribution to Supermicro’s growth strategy
• Location is remote and will be responsible for North America Business Development
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Occasional bending and standing.
- Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
- Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
- May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.