Come work for a company that’s committed to the success of each and every employee. A place where innovators and collaborators come together and build on each other’s talents.
FCT provides industry-leading title insurance, default solutions and other real estate related products and services to legal, lending, valuation and real estate professionals across Canada. With FCT, you will have the opportunity to build a meaningful career. Join us as we continue to do exciting work and make a big impact on our colleagues, customers and communities.
We are continually searching for great talent; individuals who possess a deep commitment to the customers and markets we serve. If you would like to join a company that is committed to the success of each employee and offers challenge, purpose and the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally in a team-oriented environment, you’ll enjoy a career with us!
As a Vendor Performance Specialist (6 month contract), you will provide world-class service to customers, clients, partners, and vendors. You will participate in the intake, management, redemption, and disposal of repossessed assets.
You will engage in communications with customers and external partners via secured technology, telephone, email, and letter correspondence. You will help to facilitate repossessions, and redemptions according to company and legislative guidelines. You will also provide administrative and reporting support to management.
You are organized, detailed, process oriented, and articulate.
HERE’S HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE:
- Be a highly engaged team member that provides best in class service to internal and external stakeholders. Partners include fellow employees, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to determine accurate wholesale and retail values on securities in order to maximize national returns. Use and document tools like CBB, Nada, Blue books, etc.
- Prepare detailed support documents.
- Perform duties in relation to intake, repossession, transport, and skip processes according to company policies and legislative guidelines.
- Close and invoice accounts accurately.
- Provide information and guidance to customers in order to facilitate bringing accounts current
- Must be detail oriented and be able to understand and prepare complex documentation and update different host systems. Maintain detailed records.
- Manage vendor performance and ensure that tasks are completed, and expectations met.
- PPSA searches, discharges, and registrations
- Complaint tracking and resolution
- Third party vendor assignment and tracking. Partners include: Bailiffs, Tracers, Transporters, Auctions, dealers, lawyers, and agencies.
- Update and prepare various reports, manipulate data, and provide meaningful insight.
- Ability to document processes and train other employees
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
Education & Experience:
- University or college degree preferred
- Two (2) to five (5) years of repossession, remarketing, and collections experience or combination of education and industry related experience
- Be well versed in the automotive finance lifecycle and have an understanding and interest in the automotive industry and vehicle values
- Be knowledgeable about non-standard items like: recreational vehicles, ATV’s, trailers, Boats, Motors, Motorcycles, and other equipment like tractors and plows.
- Firm understanding of the Privacy Laws, Personal Property Security Acts, and collections laws across Canada. Understanding of automotive sales regulations.
- Understanding of the Canadian insolvency laws and legal recovery process
- Quebec Collections and recovery experience an asset
- Proficiency with inventory management software, client maintenance software, collections software and Microsoft Office – Advanced user experience with Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Superb oral and written communication skills in English. Bilingual French/English is an asset
- Operational excellence – always looking for and suggesting process improvements
- Confidence in problem solving, negotiating and decision making
- Excellent telephone skills – experience working in a call centre environment is an asset
- Courteous and pleasant demeanor. Be able to de-escalate difficult conversations and positively resolve tough situations.
- Strong negotiator
- Flexibility in work day, afternoon, or evening shifts, and rotating Saturdays if necessary
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in a fast paced environment
- Skip trace experience an asset
The Great Place to Work® Institute has named FCT one of Canada’s Top 50 Best Workplaces and one of the Best Workplaces in Canada for Women. We’re also one of Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in North America.
By joining us, you will not only be part of an award-winning organization, you will be part of a workforce that is engaged and empowered to succeed.
Thank you for considering FCT. We look forward to meeting you.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of FCT’s hiring process.
To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require accommodation to apply, please provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation.
FCT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active nondiscrimination program. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, promotions, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, and other terms and conditions of employment will be on the basis of the qualifications of the individual regardless of race, colour, place of origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, handicap (including mental and physical disability), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, creed (religion), marital status, family status (being in a parent/child relationship), age, or any other basis prohibited by the applicable provincial or federal human rights legislation.