Title: UI/UX Designer
Location: Canada- Remote (West coast)
As a UX Designer, you’ll be making the complex simple. Your projects will focus on following existing interactions patterns and inventing new ones. You’ll be working in a fast-paced, fun, Agile environment with passionate Business Analysts and Developers. You’ll be building software that will be seen by millions of users, because of that it is absolutely essential that you have a passion for highly creative user-centered design with an ability to pay close attention to detail and deliver work at the highest quality standards.
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to identify user needs and translate them into meaningful design solutions.
- Work directly with Software Developers to define application workflows and screen layouts.
- Champion user experience within the development team and be responsible for applying user-centered design techniques at all stages of the development process.
- Contribute in an Agile environment to produce design specs for multiple scrum teams.
- Work on cross-platform software application and services, including desktop, web, and mobile/tablet devices.
- Create workflow diagrams, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes to effectively communicate interactions and design ideas.
- Maintain familiarity with products to ensure compatibility and consistency with user workflows shared across product suite.
- Effectively present complex concepts to stakeholders through visual design.
What You Will Need:
- You must LOVE what you do
- 2+ years in a UX/UI or IXD role
- A portfolio demonstrating your previous work
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to create User Flows, Journey Maps, Storyboards, Wire-Frames
- Familiarity with design/prototyping tools: Sketch, Marvel, Principle, etc.
- Familiarity with user testing: test scripts, session facilitation, analysis
- A solid understanding of Responsive Web Design and Adaptive Web Design
- Must be able to articulate and defend design decisions but can appreciate and grow from constructive feedback.
- Must be highly collaborative and confident.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience working with SaaS and Angular
- Ability to write UI copy if needed
- Experience working in hospitality industry (hotels, resorts, or restaurants).
Our Guiding Principles set the standard for how we work with one another. They define who we are as an organization and guide everything we do. By applying the same shared values that unleash prosperity in free societies-such as value creation, integrity, responsibility, free speech, and toleration-we encourage one another to take initiative and to challenge the status quo.
We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management ® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, gender, identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital and family status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the Province in which you work.