JOIN OUR TEAM
Our mission is simple: we make journeys easier and more enjoyable for our customers. We want to lift their spirits by delivering little boosts along the way. We care about our people and our communities, and we look for ways to uplift people first. Wherever your journey’s going, we can help you get there.
Department: Field Real Estate
Location: Toronto, ON
Work from home – Temporarily due to COVID-19
Do you have exceptional site acquisition skills? Are you passionate about real estate? If so, look no further, we have the job for you!
Reporting to the Real Estate Director of Development, within our Field Real Estate team, the Urban analyst will provide insights on site acquisitions and contract management.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Here are just a few ways that you’ll help make journeys better:
- Build Excel Model proposals to justify new to industry non-fuel stores and single site acquisition opportunities, utilizing a template developed by Circle K, and in cooperation with Finance and Construction Department partners.
- Work with Operations to develop initial sales projections for development new stores and works with Finance for development of financial models.
- Researches for potential site acquisition opportunities, including, but not limited to: ownership, legal records, zoning, traffic information, permitting regulations, competition intrusion, and comparable sales. Collaborates with real estate brokers, developers, development consultants, as well as city, county and state officials to obtain information about potential or existing sites.
- Actively researches and monitors the growth plans of competitors; maintains a database listing and mapping of those growth plans, both confirmed and/or rumored.
- Coordinate obtaining the preliminary and final cost estimates from the Construction Managers and Civil and Architectural teams to assist the Real Estate team in the SLAP development process.
- Coordination and communication with the Real Estate team, Legal team and title company on all contractual and title matters including but not limited to title commitment, title insurance, critical dates and platting.
- Coordinate with the Construction, Licensing, Legal, Accounting and other internal departments throughout the entitlement process to insure transparency between departments on project status, requesting, obtaining and providing all necessary data. Management of project dates and documents within Smartsheet
Reporting & Accounting
- Work with Real Estate team and the Civil and Architectural design teams in managing the soft cost development budget to ensure all consultants and expenses are within the approved project budget.
- Completes the Market Review on a per period basis coordinating with the REDM’s to ensure accuracy of construction start dates and store open dates. Responsible for making sure budgets are updated in the report.
- Works with Operations and is responsible for updating Regional Store List and the Market Plan report on a per period basis.
- Manage the Circle K real estate GIS platform, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams and Firmex.
- Shadow Real Estate Development Managers in a training capacity to learn the skills and tasks involved in site selection, contract negotiation, and the development process.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
We want you to join our team! Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance, or related field preferred;
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in commercial real estate analysis and market research;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating System and a strong proficiency in Microsoft Teams and Excel;
- Strong knowledge or aptitude to quickly learn, navigate, and use GIS/desktop mapping packages and other real estate software as needed. Includes Google Earth, LandVision, SmartSheet, PiinPoint, various County GIS & Recorder’s department websites, and more;
- Ability to effectively analyze and evaluate information to make decisions, solve problems and achieve goals;
- Strong communication skills to read, listen, understand and communicate information and ideas in a clear and understandable manner, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to process information including gathering, assessing, coding, organizing, auditing and verifying data;
- Strong negotiating skills and the ability to critically review legal documents to reflect negotiated transactions.
WHY WORK WITH US
Our store and office employment opportunities offer youquickcareer growth with an international company, plus a dynamic work environment that puts people first.Wherever you are in your journey, we have a place for you.Here’s some of the exciting perks we offer:
- Complete benefits packages (medical and dental);
- Possibility of enrolling in a pension plan with employer contributions or a stock purchase plan;
- Employee discounts in stores and with multiple of our partners;
- Paid time off plan including vacation, sick days and personal days;
- Work in a collaborative, dynamic and high performing team;
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and to evolve professionally in a fast-growing company;
- Work from home – Temporarily due to COVID-19.
Interested? You’re only a few clicks away from joining an amazing company ! Resumes must be submitted through our company website: https://workwithus.circlek.com/
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position; only those selected will be contacted.
Our mission is simple: we want to make journeys easier and more enjoyable for our customers. Wemakeeveryday momentsbrighterby deliveringthoughtfulliftsalong the way. We make journeys easier by offeringfastand friendly service. We get the on-the-go lifestyle – that’s why we take extra steps to brighten peoples’ days and make quick stops easier. We are part of communities across North America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, helping us grow into one of the world’s leading convenience and fuel retail businesses.
Circle K values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from the following designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available on request in all aspects of the selection process.