What is the opportunity?
The Senior UNIX Technical Analyst position is responsible for the day to day operations of RBC’s UNIX/LINUX estate worldwide. Change and event management will be top priority as well as liaising with clients during troubleshooting sessions. This L1 position will be responsible for managing vendor engagements for Operating System problems and queries while keeping our L2 and senior management teams up to date on all priority issues. The senior TSA is the first line of client contact and is responsible to ensure that all workflows are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
What will you do?
- This position requires working shifts including days/evening/nights and weekends.
- Support 14,000+ Linux and Solaris installs globally.
- Maintain a very good operational knowledge of the RBC certified tools required to support the systems, subsystems and support products.
- Work closely with team members in an ever evolving and expanding environment.
- Develop and maintain the necessary skills to support new technology being implemented into the area
- Provide technical support for problem analysis/determination to ensure affected components are promptly restored to service & ensures appropriate follow up.
- Review changes prior to implementation to ensure these will not interfere with service levels
- Participates in the evaluation of new technology via Monthly MPLANS
- Ensures that applications use proper technology and abide by within RBC’s strategic goals.
- Maintains an excellent understanding of RBC technology
What do you need to succeed?
- RHEL 5/6/7/8 Experience
- Solaris 8/9/10/11 Experience
- X86, Sparc and UCS Hardware Knowledge
- Ansible automation experience
- Familiar with Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes
- Veritas Storage Foundations experience; Clustering on Solaris and Linux
- Unix Shell Scripting
- NAS/SAN Disk experience
- Knowledge of OS Patching Strategies (yum, live upgrade, etc)
- Knowledge of Firmware Apply Strategies
- Performance Troubleshooting (cacti, prognosis, ganglia, grafana, grafite)
- Virtualization experience (RHEV, VMware)
Nice to have:
- RHSA or RHCE Certified
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 330 Front St West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 03/20/2021
Req ID: 328917