At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada’s largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we’re not only leading our industry, but we’re redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we’re committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
We’re looking for a Unit Manager, Surety to join our growing team!
Workplace : Montreal, Anjou or Toronto
As a Unit Manager, your work will have a big impact on the Surety department. People will count on you for the overall direction and management of employees. You will be responsible for motivating a high performing team, leading by example, and enhancing and developing relationships within and outside of the Underwriting Assistant team.
Here are a few ways you’ll make a difference:
- Develop, recommend and implement process and technology improvement initiatives
- Guide, coach, and develop talented Underwriting Assistants by being a resource for the team
- Provide effective leadership by continuously keeping staff informed on changes/results
- Evaluate staff performance and prepare formal Performance Reviews
- Collaborate with other Unit Managers and underwriting teams nationally to create consistency and workflow efficiencies
- Proactively manage workflow and resources within the Underwriting Assistant team
- University degree or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three (3) years working in Surety
- Proven leadership skills including mentoring and coaching team members and previous supervisory experience
- Exemplary communication, interpersonal skills, organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer service orientation, analytical abilities and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
Internal candidates, hurry-up! You have until February 22, 2021 to submit your application.