It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
We are looking for a UI Software Engineer for a 12 month contract to work out of our Toronto office. Proofpoint Email Archiving is a cloud-based solution that features a distributed grid search and storage infrastructure. This service-based architecture allows us to scale to meet the needs of hundreds of clients that are among the largest businesses in the world.
The main role will be to join the Archiving UI team to develop and maintain a single page application. The candidate must be a strategic, self-motivated, creative, and highly communicative both verbally and in writing, capable of adapting quickly to a fast-paced and evolving environment.
This is an active hands-on role, designing and owning key pieces of the UI product, solving complex issues, implement complex business requirements.
- Work with scrum master, technical leaders, and manager to ensure design meets product requirements, and resolving technical constraints while ensuring timely delivery of product efforts
- Practice Agile/Scrum process by participating daily scrum, retrospective, planning, and demo
- Continuously seeking improvements of product and development process
- Providing technical expertise to support/sustaining teams to resolve critical production issues
- Research and implement new technologies into the development practices
What you bring to the team
- Solid understanding of HTML, CSS and experience with SASS or LESS
- Expertise writing testable UI and experience creating Unit/Integration/Acceptance tests for the UI
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills to resolve complex issues and find an effective solution
- Ability to dive into documentation of a new process or framework and bring an understanding back to the team
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to communicate technical solution and design well to different stakeholders
- Ability to define REST API requirements
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and manage multiple assignments
What make you different from others
- Experience using Ember.JS
- Experience working JSON API
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!