Welcome to Searchspring, we’re happy you’re applying! We think the most important thing about Searchspring, about working anywhere, in fact, is the people and how they interact.
At Searchspring we foster an environment of caring, helpful, considerate and empathic people. We think that’s the best environment to foster excellence and its one of the things we care most about in our hiring process. If you are empathic and able to talk with humility and encourage others to thrive, we want to hear from you!
We don’t want brilliance without empathy. We don’t want creators who don’t share. We don’t want rock stars that don’t contribute to the community.
Our technology helps over 1,500 retailers across 10+ retail verticals create engaging shopping experiences for their customers.
Our new Relevancy Platform provides retailers with the tools to make their marketing/merchandising teams more effective, deliver a contextually relevant customer shopping experience across all devices, and empowers employees across all departments with actionable insights.
- As an engineer building the core of our UI integration business, you’ll create and build our next generation SDKs that our implementations and customers use to build their sites with.
- Be an advocate for maintainability, automation, and engineering standards
- Grow to be the expert on your systems their performance, trade-offs, and their future
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with stakeholders and team members in many regions/timezones.
- This role is remote during COVID, but based in Toronto and will be communicating constantly with coworkers in Denver, San Antonio, Poland, and elsewhere.
- 1+ years in leading a team.
- 3+ years in software engineering
- Solid UI framework SDK practices including a focus on maintainability, unit testing, and consistent design
- API design experience
- Experience with greenfield projects as well as maintaining, updating, and migrating legacy codebases
- Knowledge of typescript, p/react or other frameworks.
- Datastores: Elasticsearch, MySQL, and Redis, Kafka
- Languages: Typescript, Golang.
- Tools: Design in Github, Github Actions, Miro, track tasks in Asana, and communicate in Slack
- Everything is deployed with Kubernetes into AWS
- $1,000 education budget
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Start-up environment with a proven playbook
- Casual dress and fun work atmosphere
- You’ll be part of a small, powerful team
- The chance to work with innovative and progressive technology
- Minimum bureaucracy environment
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Company Short Term Disability coverage
- Company-paid Life and AD&D coverage with option to purchase additional coverage
- Open PTO policy
- 9 paid public holidays each year
- 401(k) plan in the US
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world shops online.