Cisco Systems Inc
UI Engineer Who You’ll Work With
As a member of the Managed Services Accelerator (MSX) team you’ll work with other talented and passionate engineers to deliver a cloud-native, multi-tenant, virtual networking service creation and delivery platform that helps service providers quickly, easily, and cost-effectively develop and deliver managed services to their business customers.
What You’ll Do
You an engineer who is passionate about UI in a DevOps environment and creating automation that enables the availability, performance, security, and scalability of UI components. This position requires solid hands-on programming, creative problem solving, troubleshooting skills, and continuous learning in addition to the following responsibilities:
• Develop and support new MSX UI features and translate UX/UI design wireframes to actual code • Bridge the gap between UX design and technical implementation • Evolve and maintain the growing MSX UI Component library and corresponding documentation used by third party developers • Adhere to and continuously improve guidelines, patterns, standards and best practices for front end development • Troubleshoot and resolve issues in test, demo, and production environment as needed • Enhance the user experience for maximum speed and scalability • Participate in regular planning activities to review upcoming features and enhancements and assist with work breakdown and estimation • Participate as a member of an agile development team and collaborate closely with architecture and other service pack teams Who You Are
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related fields
• 5+ years of experience in agile UI software development
• Expert Knowledge of UI test automation frameworks, such as Selenium
• Expert knowledge of JS libraries, including Angular JS
• Experience working re-usable UI components that are part of a testing framework
• Understanding of SaaS application concepts
• Understanding of REST APIs and the relationship between UI modules and API re-use.
• Strong experience with Git
• Good understanding of the following technologies: Cassandra, Consul, Vault, Nginx, Kafka, Redis, Zookeeper, ELK
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
• A self-starter and a team player
• Comfortable working in a dynamic and evolving organization and service
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Ottawa or Toronto
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.