Sustainalytics has been a leading independent provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research for the last 25 years. Our insights are used by clients to make better informed investment decisions, engage with companies in relation to their business activities and drive change.
Sustainalytics is a growing organization with 700 employees and 17 offices globally. We have a flexible and supportive working culture and empower our employees to progress and develop quickly in an entrepreneurial environment.
For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com
Under COVID-19 circumstances, all Sustainalytics employees are now working from home. More than ever, ESG factors are critical to building a more ethical and sustainable global economy. Our teams need passionate colleagues to join us in delivering quality research products to our clients worldwide.
Our recruitment and selection process is continuing via phone or video meetings. New team members are onboarded and start their first day with the company from the safety of their homes.
We rely on virtual team meetings and management practices, as well as a remote buddy program, to support a smooth integration in our virtual offices.
POSITION PURPOSE & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
As a UI Developer, you will use your experience in front-end software development within a Ruby on Rails environment to implement high complexity solutions, improve existing features and code maintainability, and deliver digital products needed to perform sustainability research and back-office operations.
You will be working together with a team of talented and results oriented individuals, and take part in the constant development and improvement of our digital products.
- Delivering simple and high-quality software solutions integrated with the existing products, in an agile environment;
- Help define and refine requirements;
- Receive and accept guidance and reviews from a senior;
- Implement solutions based on requirements in an estimated time-frame;
- Implement unit and integration tests;
- Solve reported issues.
- Minimum three years experience as a front-end developer (mandatory), ideally within a Ruby on Rails environment (preferred)
- HTML, CoffeeScript, Haml
- CSS, SCSS
- Exposure to development methodologies and best practices applicable to web and mobile development projects, particularly usability principles
- Responsive web development experience, particularly as a solution for tablet and mobile UI
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Familiarity with principles of database design and architecture (preferred)
- Sound knowledge of object-oriented methodology (preferred)
- Alignment with Sustainalytics’ mission vision and values
APPLICATION & INTERVIEW PROCESS
All applications must include either a GitHub profile or a list of URLs that the candidate has built him/herself. Source code evaluation is a mandatory part of the application process.
Local Toronto candidates only, please.
In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. Sustainalytics is committed to providing accommodations for individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Sustainalytics thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants requested to participate in the interview process will be contacted.