Nokia is a glob al leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
This role will provide solution architecture, consulting, training and development support to BU’s that are consuming components and blueprints from the Common Software Foundation.
As a member of the UX Dev team you will have the opportunity to implement and test React components that are leveraged across multiple product units within Nokia. Our mandate is to provide a material-like UI library on top of which Nokia customer applications are built. You’ll be working closely with UX to implement the latest Visual Interactions Docs using React.
Note that this position is 20 hours/week.
- Take part in planning sessions
- Implement UI components using React as per Visual Specs
- Maintain / Debug existing UI components
- Document new and existing components
- Create test cases for new and existing components
• Currently enrolled in a degre in: Computer Science / Technology, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on Software.
• Experience developing Single Page Applications using React / Angular
• Proficient with HTML5, CSS3 and good grasp of the DOM
• Familiarity with mocha, jest, and cypress a bonus
• Previous experience working with UX an asset
• Team player
• Excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills
• Must have ability to deal with complex concepts and details
What’s in it for you?
- 1 on 1 mentorship with an experienced Engineer/ Professional.
- Competitive salary and benefits (on site gym).
- If you are relocating from a college or university that is outside of Ottawa, we will provide you with a relocation bonus (if applicable)
- Work balance and inclusive company culture.
Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage women, aboriginal persons, persons with a disability or members of a visible minority group to apply.