AECOM Technology Corporation
Canada – Manitoba, Winnipeg
AECOM is seeking a Transportation Intern to be based in Winnipeg, MB.
At AECOM , we believe infrastructure creates an opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
This position is expected to begin in May 2021.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development megaproject, life-sustaining, and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy, and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies – 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record’s 2019 “Top 500 Design Firms” and #1 2019 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
As populations grow, so do demands for safe, expedient, and cost-effective transportation. AECOM’s Transportation business line partners with clients around the world to build, modernize and expand transportation projects that carry all of our communities into the future – safely and reliably.
We use our extensive knowledge in planning, designing, and managing transportation systems – as well as restoring and replacing aging infrastructure – to help our public and private clients find smarter, more advanced ways to move people across cities, countries, and continents.
Our integrated approach and social responsibility have earned us the trust of local municipalities, government agencies, commercial clients, and public-private partnerships. Our expertise and global reach enable us to deliver high-quality solutions for our clients that pave the way for long-lasting benefits to society.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform assignments requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to carry out engineering tasks. Assignments are designed to further develop judgment and understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Exercise judgment limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Prepare engineering related calculations and develop drawings and visual aids.
- Work on a wide range of projects and tasks and assist with field research, data collection, data analysis, graphics, maps, and data presentation, and report development.
- Assist in the design of transportation roadway and infrastructure projects.
- Undertake field preliminary design and construction surveys. Setting line and grade, quantity measurements, and calculations.
- Provide basic support in the areas of inspection and surveying activities for road and infrastructure construction.
- The candidate must currently be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or Technical Certificate with an emphasis on infrastructure, transportation, or other related fields
- Must have completed one year of study in the applicable program
- Valid driver’s license
- Availability to work in the field 95% of the time
- Willingness and ability to learn industry-standard software pertinent to the position
- Basic knowledge of industry-standard software for the position (examples include software such as Excel, MS Word, Civil 3D/AutoCAD)
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Vacation Student / Internship / Graduate
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Intern / Student
Requisition/Vacancy No. 244456BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.