Royal Bank of Canada
What is the opportunity?
The Fixed Income Derivative Operations group under RBC Capital Markets is looking to hire a Trade Support Analyst. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the reasonableness, accuracy, and timeliness booking and direct support of all Fixed Income Derivative, MM/FX, Corporate Treasury trading desks in order to facilitate profitable trading and efficient interaction between the trading and the Operations group. The incumbent will be participating in UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and PIV (Post Implementation Verification) cycles for system enhancements, IT infrastructure changes, reconciliation fixes/enhancements, vendor/industry change requests and new business initiatives.
What will you do?
• Ensure that all trades are input correctly by Toronto Traders in Infinity System, and that trades are properly assigned with back office flags for downstream confirmations, rate reset, and payment processing if applicable.
• Responsible for ensuring that all late deals from previous day are verified and booked.
• Review and authorize all rates and prices input into the Infinity System for completeness and accuracy.
• Verify that all new deals, amendments, cancellations, assignments and buyouts are authorized by the traders in accordance with the banks Standing Order policies.
• Ensure Front Office personnel input and amend trades in a timely and accurate manner in various Capital Markets systems (e.g. Infinity, MarkitWire, Bloomberg(VCON) and TradeWeb).
• Monitor the Assignment Mail Box and inform traders to respond to request before within time constrained deadlines. Ensure all assignments are completed with notice to parties involved.
• Perform critical daily and intra‐day monitoring of Violation Reports (Clearing and Mat SEF) to ensure all trades done with Mandatory US Clients are sent to LCH or CME for clearing within prescribed timeframes (Mandatory Clearing in MarkitWire and SEF platform) except with exemptions. Escalate to noncompliance matters to relevant compliance officer.
• Ensure Hedge Fund Company deals are captured, re‐allocated, and assigned etc., accurately according to clients and traders’ instructions.
• Participate in System enhancement/Change request/new business initiatives UAT, identify/troubleshoot issues/bugs and assist with JIRA logging, business requirement documentation, testing and PIV’s.
• Establish strong working relationship with FICC IT, Operations Engineering and OPS partners – collaborate across the organization
What do you need to succeed?
• High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, ability to learn quickly and handle high volume.
• Work effectively and reliably under pressure with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal.
• Excellent PC skills and attention to details.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, including presentation skills.
• Detailed understanding and working knowledge of Capital Markets operational functions, processes and organizational structure.
• Experience with User Acceptance Testing preferably in Murex system for Interest Rate Derivatives Trade Lifecycle.
• Relevant industry experience with an emphasis on Interest Rate Derivatives products and market practices
• Naturally analytical with the ability to think outside the box while identifying issues and suggesting solutions.
• Experience/working knowledge of Fixed Income Derivatives products and ISDA terminology.
• Strong understanding of risk concepts and risk management practices.
• Solid working knowledge of various Systems: Murex, Infinity, Swaps Wire/Markit Wire, Blommberg & TradeWed.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high‐performing team
• Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
• Opportunities to do challenging work
• Opportunities to build close relationships with clients
• Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
• Gain invaluable skills that can be transferrable within the operations financial industry
Royal Bank of Canada is a global financial institution with a purpose-driven, principles-led approach to delivering leading performance. Our success comes from the 84,000+ employees who bring our vision, values and strategy to life so we can help our clients thrive and communities prosper. As Canada’s biggest bank, and one of the largest in the world based on market capitalization, we have a diversified business model with a focus on innovation and providing exceptional experiences to more than 16 million clients in Canada, the U.S. and 34 other countries. Learn more at rbc.com .
We are proud to support a broad range of community initiatives through donations, community investments and employee volunteer activities. See how at rbc.com/community-sustainability .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 155 Wellington Street West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Entry Level
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: PL10
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 01/12/2021
Req ID: 304720