At Nestlé, we want to help shape a better and healthier world, inspire people to live healthier. We do this by fostering a diverse, friendly, supportive and collaborative environment, that creates positive disruption, embraces innovation and empowers people and teams to win.
We aim to hire friendly, respectful, inspiring people who care about the people’s lives that we touch every single day. Be a force for good. Join Nestlé.
Business areas: Nestle Canada Inc
Job title: Trade Analyst (12-month contract)
Location: HDC – Brampton, On
Within this role you will be responsible to ensure high-quality trade spend forecasts, accruals and actuals. Your primary responsibilities include: timely and accurate processing of promotional settlements for customer and vendor payments, auditing Trade Insight inputs to ensure accuracy as well as creating and maintaining spreadsheets to support the creation of customer master and vendor data, and validating customer/vendor invoices to ensure authorized promotional spending.
A day in the life of…
- Validate customers’ or vendors’ invoices against deal documents attached to promotions to ensure that promotional spending is authorized.
- Match and clear deductions against the appropriate promotions in the trade promotions management (TPM) system.
- Achieve CDT and/or customer deduction monthly targets.
- Audit system inputs and advise (Keys) Account Manager to deliver appropriate status of trade promotions to drive accurate Trade Spend accrual.
- Develop appropriate controls within customer team to satisfy audit requirements.
- Communicate customers on outstanding unauthorized deductions. This includes understanding the process for requesting and collecting repayment of invalid deductions, identifying trends, and resolving issues that cause invalid deductions.
- Identify and drive process improvement for reducing administrative costs by streamlining processes and reducing deduction volume
- Provide insight to improve accuracy and efficiency of Trade Promotion Planning process within Customer Development Team (CDT).
- Close monitoring of prior year accruals carried over into the current year to ensure timely settlement.
- Ensure compliance with Nestle Accounting Standards.
- Actively participate with internal and external stakeholders in dealing with, influencing or motivating the accounts receivable collection and deduction resolution process.
- Escalate any issues to the Sales Finance Manager (CoPilot) with a recommendation for resolution.
- Follow-up and achieve timely resolution of any discrepancy with the KAM.
What will make you successful
- Completion of University Degree in Finance or Business Administration working towards a recognized Accounting Designation (CPA or CFA).
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills, the ability to prioritize workflow and operate independently in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Advanced Microsoft skills.
- Bilingual French/English is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey information in understandable terms at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills as candidate is required to deal with people both individually and in groups to resolve conflicts.
- Ability to work in a multi-task environment with multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities and specific time constraints.
If you believe you have the profile we are looking for and you want to make your mark in the World’s Largest Food and Beverage Company, we look forward to hearing from you!
The closing date for applications is January 21, 2021. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Please note: Education Verification, Reference Checks and Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified candidates.
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those Individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.