Bank of Montreal
800 rue de la Gauchetiere O
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
Trade Administration Analyst
Independent and self-motivated individual will provide daily support of Global Operations. The Analyst is responsible for the processing of all CAD and US Equity Clearing. Great diligence is used to ensure all trades are matched and settled through daily reconciliations. Focused attention is given to all processing to monitor and mitigate risks thru careful dissemination of functions. In addition to their existing skills, they will be expected to cross train in other areas such as regulatory, metric reporting and settlement reconciliations. The Analyst is responsible for the oversight processing of all CAD and US Equities done by the Bank. Tasks include ensuring all reconciliations and break reporting are done in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring all correcting are made and balanced before end of day.
Members of the team are responsible for identifying and reporting any trade discrepancies to the Middle Office/Trading Desk in a timely manner. Any unresolved issues must be escalated to senior management for further review. Other team functions include: accountability for Account Transfers CXL/COR and step outs for NBI and administration of the STEP trade upload tool.
• Process and/or fulfill transactions, perform audit/ reconciliation activities and/or other activities in accordance with established priorities and deadlines on a timely, accurate and efficient basis.
• Resolve discrepancies/ exceptions that frequently deal with non-routine situations, requiring further analysis.
• Investigate and may resolve or make recommendations to more senior team members on more complex, non-routine issues relating to internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries or requests, business process efficiency and quality control within existing procedures.
• May resolve escalated work or issues from more junior staff, where applicable.
• Enable productive relationships within the line of business (LOB) and other functions through responsiveness and support. Proactively work with others (i.e., on own team, shared service centre, other operational areas, or with the internal business partner and/or external customer) to ensure delivery of timely, quality and efficient fulfillment activities.
• Provide advice to internal business partners and peers to support the completion of a process or activity within established procedures.
• Provide input and analysis into the continuous improvement of business processes and procedures within the scope of the work team, and participate in the planning, testing and implementation of projects and new/ revised products/ services or processes.
• Provide on-the-job assistance and training to others, as requested.
• Monitor service delivery performance, production processes and quality, providing reports to the manager for the purpose of optimizing operational effectiveness.
• Deliver exceptional customer service that builds trust through responsive, accurate, consistent, knowledgeable and available services and support.
• Align individual performance goals to team and organizational goals.
• Demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with “Our Way” model and aligned with BMO values.
• Troubleshoot/ resolve most problems independently as per Letter of Authority/ authority levels following established guidelines and procedures. Maintain appropriate audit trails.
• Escalate all unresolved processing problems to the appropriate level, as per guidelines, including system, software and hardware failures.
• Prioritize work in accordance with policy and severity of service impact to minimize financial/ customer impacts.
• Provide advice in the completion of processes within established guidelines and procedures.
• 4 year Bachelor’s Degree from University
• Series 99 preferred
• Good knowledge of standard desktop applications: Outlook, Word, Excel and VBA
• Good knowledge and understanding of Capital Markets Operations of Canadian and US markets
• Good understanding of the business unit’s risk and regulatory requirements
• Good knowledge of departmental systems and applications
• Good analytical, problem-solving, investigational, organizational, prioritization skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
BPS/ADP, GEMS, IMatch, Global FrameWork, DTC/OCC/Arrow/CDS portals
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at www.jobs.bmo.ca/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.