Have you worked in the Canadian Financial Services sector? Does improving process and quality through technology spark your interest? Does customer satisfaction provide you work satisfaction? If your answer to all of these questions is a “yes” & if you want to be a part of our ever growing Testing Practice in Atlantic Canada, this is your chance!
At CGI, we offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. All CGI employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
• Working as a professional IT consultant in the field of software testing with a geographically spread team for one of the Big Five (Canadian Banks).
Required Level of Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or Business OR Diploma in IT and/or Business with equivalent IT experience
• Perform requirements analysis and quality risk analysis
• Support creation of Test Strategies & Test Plans
• Develop and maintain test cases, automated scripts, and traceability matrices
• Facilitate the identification and preparation of test data
• Ensure quality processes are followed
• Execute system and integration test scripts
• Detect, log, and retest defects
• Participate and contribute to the Lessons Learned Sessions
• Participate in knowledge transition activities
• Communicate progress of testing activities to the team/test lead or directly to client
• Produce “client” and “internal” status reports
• Maintain a solid understanding of software testing best practices, methodologies, and terminologies
• Coach and mentor other members
• 3+ years of testing experience
• Working experience in Canadian Banking
• Working experience with industry standard test management tools (ex. JIRA, Micro Focus ALM, etc.)
• Working experience with functional automation test tools, specifically Selenium
• Working experience with mobile automation test tools, specifically Appium
• Working experience with industry standard API automation test tools (ex. Smartbear SoapUI, REST-Assured, ParaSoft SOATest, etc.)
• Working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Working experience in Agile methodologies
• Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact directly with Client Stakeholders, Senior Management, and/or our technology partners
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Positive attitude
• Requires the ability to build consensus and resolve interpersonal challenges
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
• Demonstrate the ability to provide information and ideas in a clear, comprehensive, concise and organized manner
Nice to Have:
• ISTQB Certified Foundation Level (and/or other industry recognized testing certifications)
• SAFe (and/or other industry recognized agile certifications) certifications
• TSYS/TS2 experience would be an asset
• Working experience with accessibility testing and tools (ex. JAWS, etc.)
- Automated Testing
- Test Case / Script Development
- Web Services
- Functional Testing
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.