Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Test Automation Specialist who will work with our Development team to own the creation, automation and maintenance of test cases. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader – we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Test Automation Specialist you will split your time between hands-on testing and improving QA processes. Your key area of responsibility will be owning best practices and becoming a domain expert and mentor on all things quality. You will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of Product Designers, Product Owners, Product Managers and Software Developers. To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to understand complex, technical concepts.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Design, create and execute automated and manual test cases using appropriate relevant quality assurance techniques.
- Automate existing manual UI test cases.
- Manage test coverage, test environment creation, and maintenance.
- Accelerate the team by coding useful tools and data sets: Analyze the health of our systems in terms of bugs, errors, failures, data usage, etc.
- Help understand how users are utilizing current and new features/improvements.
- Work with Developers to ensure the correct and optimal unit tests are made to all features and improvements.
- Maintain effective smoke and regression test suites.
- Lead the team by helping to create technical designs with quality and testing in mind.
- Identify gaps in the unit test and automation processes and develop a way to address these risks.
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities in product development and quality assurance processes.
- Stay current with new testing technologies
What you’ll bring to this role:
- University Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Software Engineering or other related disciplines.
- 2-5 years working in the QA field with SaaS products or similar.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Intermediate understanding of C#.
- Understanding and exposure to a wide array of QA practices, processes, and tools.
- Expert at one or more of QA Automation, Manual Testing, Security Testing, Performance Testing, Agile QA.
- Demonstrated ability to learn.
- Ability to switch between big picture thinking and hands-on doing.
- Experience with Cloud environments is nice to have.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits (full-time employees only)
Retirement savings program (full-time employees only)
How we work:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
Geotab encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Geotab is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities throughout the interview, selection and employment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at [email protected]