Infosys is seeking aSenior Spark and Big Data Developer. This position will interface with key stakeholders and apply technical proficiency across different stages of the Software Development Life Cycle including Requirements Elicitation, Application Architecture definition and Design; play an important role in creating the high level design artifacts; deliver high quality code deliverables for a module, lead validation for all types of testing and support activities related to implementation, transition and warranty. This is an opportunity to be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
- Candidate must be located within commuting distance ofVancouver, British Columbia or be willing to relocate to the area. This position may require travel.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education.
- At least 4 years of Information Technology experience.
- Canadian citizens and those authorized to work in the Canada are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
- At least 4 years of experience in Spark and Big Data technologies
- Strong foundation on Spark, distributed processing, Spark structured streaming
- At least 2 years’ experience in development projects leveraging Spark for data processing in the context of Data Lake implementations.
- Strong working knowledge on Spark Core, Spark SQL and RDD/Data Frames/Data Sets API.
- Strong experience on performance optimization dealing with large datasets using Partitions, Spark in Memory capabilities, effective & efficient Joins for transformations and complex data processing.
- Experience working with parquet file formats and delta format.
- Strong programming experience on Python or Scala with good knowledge on best practices, coding standards, libraries used for data processing and transformations.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in SQL, DDL, DML commands
- Additional skills (plus to have but not mandatory): Experience on Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake.
The job entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face. Travel may be required as per the job requirements.
Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. We enable clients in 46 countries to navigate their digital transformation.
With over three decades of experience in managing the systems and workings of global enterprises, we expertly steer our clients through their digital journey. We do it by enabling the enterprise with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change. We also empower the business with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise, and ideas from our innovation ecosystem.
EOE/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin
To learn more about Infosys and see our ideas in action please visit us at www.Infosys.com .