BUILDING A WORLD CLASS TEAM STARTS WITH YOU
At the heart of CSA Group is a vision: making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place. It’s been part of our mission for nearly one hundred years: from the first engineering standard for railway bridges developed in 1919, to more than 3,500 standards, codes & related products today.
Headquartered in Canada, with a global footprint of more than 30 labs and offices across Europe, Asia and North America, CSA Group tests, inspects and certifies a wide range of products – from every day househould items to leading edge technology-to meet exacting requirements for safety, performance and environmental impact.
Our employees take pride in making a difference in people’s lives through the work that we do. We’re looking for people like you to help make it happen.
The Technical Training Specialist is responsible for delivery of educational training products, processes and programs designed to ensure that CSA Group technical employees are competent to deliver required skills and services. Works in partnership with Operations, Human Resources and technical experts to identify, design, deliver and evaluate employee technical education programs. Supports technical excellence, competency, consistency, leadership, and integrity, in order to support the strategic direction and objectives of CSA Group globally. The Technical Training Specialist works with Technical Training Managers, Technical Training Specialists and Human Resources L&D team for content development, and the Operations team for logistics support. Responsible to work with Human Resources and other vested stakeholders to provide input into the development of a system to track qualification as required by accreditation bodies of testing, inspection and certification services (TIC).
- Responsible for the delivery of technical training programs, with support from the Technical Oversight Managers & Technical Oversight Specialists, and other Training Specialists to ensure a system that is consistent, effective and focused on ongoing delivery of technical training worldwide.
- Provides direct mentoring to staff and facilitates the mentoring process within CSA Group.
- Works towards achieving training goals and initiatives (based on targeted KPI’s) to ensure alignment with CSA Group’s strategic goals, objectives and priorities.
- Works in partnership with Technical Oversight Managers & Technical Oversight Specialists, Operations and other stakeholders in the technical training needs analysis and delivery of education programs, works cooperatively with the HR team for methodology & content development services.
- Supports the development of all training programs and reference materials, used to facilitate the knowledge transfer, consistency and growth of technical training provided to a global audience.
- Works with a wide range of stakeholder groups to identify training & qualification requirements for various roles. Supports the optimization of accreditation requirements and how qualifications can be gained more efficiently in order to support growth.
- Supports the definition of expectations and measurements to assess training effectiveness and impact to global operational excellence.
- Works with HR and Operations to support the development of a culture that develops the organization’s knowledge assets.
- Promotes and implements improvements in processes and procedures and ensures programs are up to date and consistent.
- Supports the scheduling and coordination of individual and group training & qualification efforts across the organization.
- Supports training and qualification requests of new offices or integration of acquisitions with innovative solutions to efficiently achieve training and qualification objectives.
- Responsible for managing the technical records of a global Learning Management System (LMS) where trainings and qualification are recorded as per requirements of certification accreditation bodies. Works with HR/LMS team to constantly seek ways to improve its design and functionality to make it more user friendly and meet accreditation bodies’ demand. Support teams mandated to upgrade or replace LMS.
- Supports and works towards the achievement of established metrics (KPI’s) including but not limited to qualification rates, quality of training and retention of knowledge.
- Required to conduct presentations, and other related needs as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and Registration as P. Eng. or EIT with PEOor;
- 3-year College Diploma in a Technical Discipline
- Formal training in adult education, presentation/facilitation skills particularly in a corporate environment would be an asset.
- 5 – 8 years of relevant CSA Group certification or lab testing experience.
- Recognized as a technical expert in their area of expertise.
- Ability or experience to effectively mentor certification or lab staff.
- Demonstrates success in delivering complex subject matter to diverse audiences using multiple delivery methods including virtual delivery.
- Demonstrates presentation and facilitation skills and ability to speak in front of large audiences.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and oral), and presentation skills.
- Strong training skills must be evident, since training of staff, including technical training specialists, is an essential element of this position.
- Strong leadership skills are essential, as is the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization in a collaborative fashion.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills are necessary.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently deal with multiple projects, conflicting timelines and changing priorities.
- Presentation skills are essential.
- Must be flexible and perform well in a team environment.
- Must be willing to travel globally.
- Must have demonstrated competence for the position and commitment to technical excellence.
- Must have strong computer skills.