Do you want to make a difference?
Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking a Technical Support Specialist (HRIS). This is a 10 month contract.
The Technical Support Specialist (HRIS) will support several Human Resource Infomation Systems and respond to queries from end-users, providing system and application help, guidance, problem resolution and training as needed. Additional duties include: custom report design and provision; contributing to system configuration projects and implementations for HR client teams; and facilitating system optimizations, developments and testing. This role is also responsible for identifying opportunities for system improvements and process automation.
Other areas of responsibility include performing data and security audits, setting up end-user accounts and permissions and resolving system issues and bugs. Additional duties include data retrieval and interpretation; contributing to dashboard assembly projects in coordination with our HR data analyst teams; supporting interface development initiatives; and providing system implementation support to special technology projects as required.
AREAS of RESPONSIBILITY & ACTIVITIES
Systems & Technology Analysis and Administration
- Responsible for system analysis, maintenance and administration of various HCM and compensation platforms and interface utilities;
- Ensure system compliance with all legislative, union and business requirements;
- Liaise with People Services leadership, Information Services, technical teams, vendors, consultants and other stakeholders to troubleshoot and resolve escalated system issues; help define, analyze and validate functional business requirements; and translate those needs into effective system solutions;
- Develop, organize, and maintain various spreadsheets and systems;
- Perform periodic system health checks and ensure functionality and features are up to date;
- Accountable for application enhancements, system and interface development, data process mapping, change testing, and monitoring interface error logs to resolve payroll data transfer issues;
- Administer system release testing, identify potential impact, establish test groups, execute and validate testing plans and user-acceptance, ensure data integrity and system functionality;
- Provide technical HRIS support to People Services staff.
- Investigate incoming system questions and concerns; and provide analysis or data pertinent to the issue;
- Manage the employee and volunteer onboarding forms and environment, including the coordination of policy and training material, links and videos presented on self-serve portals and management systems;
- Remain current on HR system trends, issues and best practices;
- Evaluate, recommend and implement improvements to existing system processes, procedures, configurations, and functionality to maximize and optimize the use of PS technologies;
- Communicate new developments, system releases, and enhancement rollouts to people service leadership, partners and compensation teams;
- Support and contribute to business change initiatives and project implementation support;
- Maintain an annual roadmap of enhancements and identify additional functionality by taking advantage of new capabilities as they are released.
- Facilitate, test and support mass data migration efforts;
- Participate in disaster planning, preparation and response efforts, applying system support as required.
Reporting and Analytics
- Design reports and support the creation of analytics and dashboards metrics with the HR data team;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual PS reports to client as needed;
- Effectively investigate end user system issues and trends, recommending appropriate courses of action based on the results of completed analyses;
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain data systems;
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs;
- Conduct research and keep up-to date on best practices for HRIS technologies and trends;
Coaching, Mentoring & Support
- Provide technical support and assistance to internal and external clients;
- Maintain effective working relationships, fostering a client driven, continuous improvement culture;
- Coach, mentor and support team members in developing the skills needed to perform their roles by leveraging PS technology use and functionality;
- Identify training gaps and needs, developing opportunities and ensuring team members are knowledgeable and capable of navigating PS technologies;
- Offer system input, guidance and direction to the People Services team;
- Conduct system ‘train the trainer’ sessions and offer advanced internal instruction on HCM and compensation administration functionality to PS, Total Compensation and Transformation & Technology staff;
- Coach team members to resolve technology issues identified across all PS platforms;
- Provide second level support on complex system escalation issues;
- Author advanced training and administrative ‘how-to’ instruction material as required;
- Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment;
- Performs other duties, as required.
The incumbent must have the commitment to the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement and model the core competencies of the CRCS: team excellence, service excellence, accountability and results focused.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in HR or compensation technologies
- Human Resources (CHRP) or Payroll Accreditation (CPP) or working toward certification an asset.
- Experience investigating, analyzing, testing and implementing system applications
- This position requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record reference check.
- Strong report writing and design capabilities using different HR technologies
- Knowledge of the principles, concepts, standards, methods and techniques of HR business metrics and analytics
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 Suite of products
- Expertise in Excel (macros, pivot and VLOOKUP tables, advanced formulas, charts) is mandatory
- Knowledge of data visualization tools: PowerBI and Bi360
- Proficiency with Taleo Business Edition, MS Dynamics AX, and Kronos Time & Attendance is strongly preferred and a priority
- Knowledge of Moodle, Video Capture Utilities, SharePoint 365, Smartsheet, survey applications, Raiser’s Edge.
- Solid understanding of core HR processes including benefits, payroll, recruitment & on-boarding, time and attendance tracking, employee life-cycle maintenance
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in French an asset
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in compiling, validating and analyzing data;
- Able to design and extract reports from raw data;
- Ability to identify needs and opportunities to use technology to add value;
- Able to provide sound judgment and exercise a high level of confidentiality and discretion while working with sensitive information;
- Effective and comfortable working within vendors to resolve issues
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to focus and concentrate intensely on a single problem for a long time
- Ability to quickly comprehend issues presented from end-users and offer solutions and insight.
The majority of the work is performed remotely.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.