Nelson is seeking a Tech Support Specialist who will be providing support of computer workstations, laptops, mobile services, networking, printer support and desktop application software. The role will require understanding of key business process’ and their related technology infrastructure.
- Function as the Service Desk’s primary point of contact providing independent troubleshooting and analysis, resolving in-person and remote support situations for level 1 activities
- Receive and respond to requests (in person, by phone, by e-mail), prioritizing them, monitoring their progress, and ensuring their resolution, according to the level of service required;
- Deliver, set up, install, modify, maintain and service desktops, laptops, mobile computer devices, scanners, printers, audio video equipment, and other related peripherals or devices.
- Troubleshoot desktops, laptops, printers, smartphones and tablets
- Install, configure, maintain, and support all software installed on a variety of hardware and virtual platforms
- Participate and be a resource for IT projects as required to fulfill technology testing and deployments
- Contributing to implementation, migration and integration projects;
- Add, remove, and update user account information and reset passwords;
- Obtain authorized approval of system access and software provisioning;
- Troubleshoot reported problems with systems access;
- Configure, add, and delete security groups providing access control for file shares, email, etc..
Education and knowledge
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field of study;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Active Directory;
- Knowledge of network and infrastructure topics;
- Excellent knowledge on Windows, Android and iOS systems;
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems;
- Experience with Office 365 is an asset;
- Experience in IT Automation is an asset;
- Experience with Exchange Online administration is an asset;
- Experience in an ERP environment is an asset;
- Ability to integrate and harmonize multiple and complex solutions;
- Genuine desire to provide the best customer service experience;
- Ability to excel in an environment where priorities can change regularly and rapidly;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to independently stay abreast of current and emerging information technology trends;
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and troubleshooting computer hardware, software and network connectivity;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, discretion and maintain confidentiality;
- English is mandatory in oral expression, oral comprehension, reading and writing.