Job Description and Requirements
Synopsys, Software Integrity Group, is named a leader for 2020 in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing (AST), in recognition of our vision and ability to execute. Security and risk management leaders will need to meet tighter deadlines and test more-complex applications by integrating and automating AST in the software life cycle eliminating risk before it puts them at risk. Every business runs on software, and defects in software create risk. We’ve curated the most powerful products and services to create one comprehensive platform that enables our customers to detect and remediate defects across their entire SDLC. To find out more about Synopsys SIG, check out https://www.synopsys.com/software-integrity.html.
Our Software Security and Quality business is all about building secure software-faster. That starts with our static analysis, software composition analysis, and dynamic analysis so our customers can build security and quality into the DNA of their code at any stage of the software development lifecycle and across the supply chain. All while minimizing risks and maximizing speed of application development.
Technical Support Engineer
We are searching to find a smart, motivated Technical Support Engineer with C/C++, C#, and/or Java programming experience. We want to hire people who are eager to help the best engineers from the world’s top companies (our customers) solve complex problems in their source code and development environments.
If you have this programming knowledge and a passion for helping engineers find solutions for software quality and security needs, then Synopsys is the right place for you.
The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for resolving customer problems. In this role, you will work closely with R&D and application/technical support staff to provide high-quality support to our customers.
You will be the Single Point of Contact for many of our strategic customers. You will be the customers trusted advisor and advocate, understand the customer’s environment and business goals and work closely with the account team when needed.
- Troubleshoot incoming customer problems through email and/or phone
- Work with support team and developers to provide resolution to customer issues
- Research and respond to customer requests and provide detailed explanations to address questions and concerns from some of the world’s brightest developers and software architects
- Create knowledge items for recurring issues
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in technical support
- C/C++/C# or Java programming experience
- Experience with variety of industry hardware platforms and operating systems (Linux/Unix, Windows, etc.).
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and demonstrate resourcefulness in obtaining necessary diagnostic information
- Ability to quickly assimilate complex problems and develop a resolution strategy
- Experience in multiple compiler environments
- Extensive technical expertise; the ability to solve problems and determine the root cause of issues
- Ability to use development tools, software, and advanced troubleshooting procedures. Must be able to tailor content to meet the needs of the client – experience with Salesforce.com a plus
Synopsys Canada ULC values the diversity of our workforce. We are committed to provide access & opportunity to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals throughout the recruitment and employment process. Should you require an accommodation, please contact [email protected]
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.