If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
The Emergency Call Handling Support Department provides Tier 4 Technical Support for NG911 Public Safety Answering Points. Job tasks include but are not limited to implementation, maintenance and support of 911 call taking and dispatch solutions. This department works with DevOps, Engineering and Field Service Partners to accomplish assigned tasks. Our employees enjoy the mental challenge of the diversity of technologies supported within the team. They are also rewarded by the opportunity to fix issues within the systems that ultimately save lives.
Provide advanced technical support of Public Safety software solution in a fast-paced environment. Escalation point for complex trouble tickets. Must have strong knowledge of desktop support, networking (router and switch configuration & troubleshooting), telephony hardware, Telco knowledge, supporting software applications and diagnosing complex system architectures. Must be a diligent researcher, troubleshooting and reproducing issues to resolution. Must be capable of installing server hardware/OS, troubleshooting system infrastructure and application architecture. Create, update, manage, and resolve support tickets. Empower team via knowledge transfer. Participation in on-call rotation required.
• Manages OEM and Emergency Call Handling product escalations.
• Coordinates field Beta testing with Product Line Management, Development, and Technical Services for areas respective to new product applications, components, networks, or service requirements.
• Interfaces with Product Development to develop and test future technologies for Technical Services.
• Maintains individual product configuration in the Lab.
• Assists in testing future software products to develop support and troubleshooting documentation.
• Maintains and expands expertise for telephony network concepts and technologies (SS7 / Routing / Geo-spatial Routing) in order to act as the subject matter expert for these technologies.
• Travels to direct sites to fill the role of Support Engineer when Onsite Support Engineers must leave their site for vacation or training.
• Creates Site Specific Method of Procedures as necessary.
• Provides input and participates in interviews of prospective Support Engineers for future sites or staff replacements.
• Develops and provides corporate level technical training to customer support centers
• Supports the operation, installation, maintenance and service of Motorola Solutions Products.
• Provides Tier 4 technical support over the telephone to customers in solving Hardware, Software, & Configuration of a NG911 Call Taking and Dispatching Solution.
• Manage tickets in a timely manner within service management tools.
• Troubleshooting a wide range of technical issues from front end gui issues to server-side application, GIS, database, telco-related, desktop or system issues.
• Creating and maintaining strong customer relationships.
• Deploy and manage software upgrades.
• Act as escalation point for complex trouble tickets for Tier 3 Support.
• Acts as the Technical Support escalation point for customer field service technicians.
• Mentor customers in the areas of product knowledge, troubleshooting and case management.
• Develop, maintain, review and delivers technical, product support and workflow documentation.
• Participate in on-call rotation for support calls and escalations.
• Works variable shifts dictated by support needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in technical field or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of customer support experience
• 3+ years of IT support experience
• Strong written and oral communication skills. (Fluent in English, oral and written)
• Strong teamwork, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to handle stressful situations & troubleshoot critical issues while maintaining effective communication with Customer and Motorola Management.
• Working knowledge of Analog and Digital Telephony
• Microsoft MCSE or equivalent experience
• Cisco CCNA certifications or related experience
• In depth installation, configuration and troubleshooting experience for Windows Server 2008, 2012, Windows 7, Windows 10 Operation Systems
• Experience with Windows Domain architecture/ integration / Active Directory
• Experience in providing Linux/UNIX technical support to customers
• Experience with troubleshooting various server/desktop hardware related issues
• Experience with Servers (Dell and HP)
• Experience troubleshooting LAN/WAN
• Experience with VOIP applications
• Experience with PBX (Asterisk or others) and Premise systems
• Experience troubleshooting 3rd party application integration
• Ability to assist the Technical Support Services Team in training, daily operations, escalations and assignments concerning Technical Support.
• Experience with VMware virtualization suites
• Experience with Cloud Technologies (Azure or AWS)
• Experience with Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) Applications
• Experience with database related technology and administration (MySql or SQL Server)
• Experience with firewalls and security related applications
• Experience with GIS applications
Minimum of a high school diploma and 3+ years of experience
Referral Payment Plan
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.Motorola Solutions will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities upon request.Motorola Solutions souscrit aux principes d’équité en matière d’emploi.Nous accueillons favorablement la diversité au sein de notre effectif. Sur demande, Motorola Solutions offrira des accommodements raisonnables aux candidats handicapés.