Technical Specialist – ETL
Imperva develops cybersecurity products for the largest companies around the globe. We store and collect huge amounts of security-related data from in-house systems and various cloud platforms, and analyze it using a variety of tools ranging from Fast Fourier Transforms to Machine Learning algorithms.We are a tight team that enjoys an informal work environment – we’re open to (and respectful of) a variety of personal quirks and styles. We work hard and then we have fun in various social activities.
We are looking for a few energetic techies to take over an exciting role of Technical Specialist – Mapping
What would you be doing as a Technical Specialist:
Work with many different databases including AWS AZURE IBM GCP
In this role you will map plain text data from different sources into structured database entries, making it more appropriate and valuable for further analysis. You will be on a team of people responsible for supporting 50+ (and growing) types of databases. You will research how to extract data from these sources and decide how to automatically transform it by writing configuration code for our Gateway product. The Gateway is a sophisticated ETL engine written in C++ with configuration done via JSON files. The majority of the work is done from the linux command line.
– Have a technical aptitude
– Detail oriented
– Methodical and consistent
– Able to understand & follow technical directions
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- You want to make a difference
- You love using technology
- Ability to learn quickly – you’ll work with a variety of technologies and you will need to
figure it out
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Your friends describe you as independent and reliable
- You thrive in a versatile and dynamic team environment
- Always ready to help others and be helped
- You have the ability to resolve technical challenges and comfortable with ambiguity
- Previous experience with scripting (Bash and Python)
- Previous experience working within Linux environments
- Familiarity with source control, in particular git
- Previous experience with SQL, NoSQL and Cloud Databases
- Previous experience with MongoDB
- Previous experience with ETL process and Database Integration
- Experience with technical documentation (writing and/or verifying)
Please note:Must be eligible to work in Canada in order to apply for this position. Must live in Vancouver, BC or be willing to relocate.
Please send your resume and cover letter providing a short description of how your experience matches the requirements for this position.