Sortable is fixing the broken ad-tech industry and simplifying operations for publishers worldwide. Our mission is to change the future of online advertising for publishers-and we need you to get there. We help publishers and revenue operations teams optimize yield. By providing the right data, we empower publishers to make better decisions about monetization, content, and audience acquisition. Fast-growing and privately funded, we’re proud to be a tech company with deep roots in Waterloo Region, Canada.
If you are an analytical, customer-focused, resourceful problem solver and are interested in obtaining a deep understanding of how large-scale websites generate revenue, you should consider joining Sortable as a Technical Solutions Specialist. Our Technical Solutions team is the link between our customers and the Engineering department. Few roles at Sortable have more opportunity to impact our revenue and company growth than those in Technical Solutions. This role provides an excellent opportunity for in-depth learning of a variety of tools and technologies, the world of online advertising, and what it’s like to be part of a fast growing startup.
What you’ll do
As a Technical Solutions Specialist, you will provide technical support of Sortable’s products for both new and in-life publishers. A typical day includes a combination of the following activities:
- Collect and aggregate data from disparate systems to identify the sources of discrepancies between our systems and third-party data
- Build out a complex SQL query and run it against our vast data warehouse to derive insights and suggest data-driven improvements
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to reproduce and investigate platform issues
- Write a tool that streamlines a team process or makes our life easier in some small way
- Coordinate with our product team to shape early stage requirements on the roadmap
- Work with cross-functional teams on a special project to solve a specific top-tier customer or business problem
- Investigate and respond to questions coming from customers, partners, internal business units, engineering, and management
You are expected to keep excellent records in our CRM system and contribute to our technical knowledge base. Your goal will be to become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) by keeping up-to-date on Sortable’s evolving products and technologies, tracking the Ad Tech landscape in order to understand how changes impact our publishers and to elevate the technical understanding of all customer-facing teams at Sortable.
Requirements/What it takes
We want you to feel comfortable with your application. Here are some items that we’ll have to see in an application in order to move forward. You should demonstrate:
- Capability of using SQL for basic queries and joining data from multiple tables
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in a business setting with minimal starting information
- Adaptable communication skills that allow you to convey complex information to audiences with varying degrees of technical understanding
- Proven experience working directly with customers to leave them feeling delighted
- Post-secondary education in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
Bonus points and nice to haves
So, you’ve met the requirements above. How will you stand out? If you can show a combination of the below, it will support you in the role and catch our eye.
- A portfolio of websites you manage
- Hands-on experience with modern web frameworks (Angular, React, or Vue.js)
- Experience with a Data Analytics system like Presto and Redash
- Exposure to Salesforce, Jira and Confluence
- Working knowledge of the ad-tech industry: do you know what DFP, SSPs, header bidding and prebid.js are?
Our competitive advantage? Our people.
Your growth: At Sortable, we value autonomy, taking ownership of your role, and continuous learning. Your growth here is important and we’ll invest in your success with training, feedback, and development.
Our culture: We’re fiercely obsessed with our culture. It’s protected, guided, and influenced by people like you who value transparency, collaboration, and diverse perspectives and experiences. We believe that our workplace should reflect the world we want to live in and we work hard to make it a reality.
Your success at Sortable: The underlying foundation of who we are and how we behave is built on a team of individuals who make others feel safe to exchange feedback, respect differences, and take calculated risks. Productive. Curious. Smart. Nice. Selfless. Think you’d be a perfect fit? We’d love to hear from you.
Perks and nice stuff!
We want you to be able to come in and do amazing work, so we offer great perks and benefits to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance:
- Comprehensive benefits for you and your dependents to support your health and wellness
- Minimum 4 weeks of paid vacation to allow you to recharge and pursue your other interests outside of work
- Equity ownership to reap the benefits of our hard work and be invested in our collective future
- Fitness credits to help you feel your best
- Paid volunteer hours to support you in giving back to the community
Plus all the fun stuff that our staff dream up, like Cocktail Fridays, Trivia, dress up days, cook-off challenges, talent shows, lunch-time walks, and ping pong. We believe we create our best ideas when we’re inspired, comfortable, and engaged in the work we do and the people we see everyday.
We’re here to help.
At Sortable, we’re dedicated to equitable employment practices. If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please email [email protected] . All inquiries will be held in confidence.
Apply for This Job