How will you make an impact:
Primary responsibilities will be to grow qPCR assay and reagent revenue within the designated territory by direct laboratory to laboratory sales activities. Accounts are in the Academic, Government and HealthCare business segments. Managing the GTA and Upstate NY.
What will you do:
- Consistently and accurately manages sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management and sales tracking. Orchestrates resources and personally engages key customers for the benefit of the qPCR consumables business. Develops and maintains deep current knowledge of genetic analysis markets, products and buying practices. Utilizes product and application knowledge across the genetic analysis portfolio to successfully apply consultative and strategic selling presentations. Understands customer goals, priorities and challenges such that Life Technologies solutions are best positioned to address customer needs.
- Expands qPCR consumables mindshare and value-add: Capitalizes on local marketing innovations to expand programs within the designated territory. Provides internal partners with business planning and development consulting to ensure effective strategies
- Sell-Through Support: Provides foundational qPCR technical and Sales Training. Reviews marketing campaigns and plans to ensure accurate positioning and description of qPCR products.
- Consistent Tool & Resource Utilization: Uses the tools, processes and operational resources to improve and advance direct and indirect sales. Collaboratively monitors and influences partner sales pipeline. Champions innovations that improve partner pipeline management.
- Organizational Collaboration – Collaborates effectively with partners across Thermo Fisher to obtain sponsorship and support, resolve issues and expedite selling. Expands internal networks, contacts and relationships to maintain selling effectiveness.
How will you get there:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- A Master’s or PhD degree is desirable
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience in Life Sciences preferred.
- Similar field application support experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of accounts in territory is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Must have scientific consulting acumen – demonstrates the highest level of product and technical knowledge of qPCR and its applications.
- Knowledge of other Genetic platforms valued.
- Sales acumen and Independent Driver – accomplished sales skills, can speak to competitive technologies and demonstrates value as a supporting partner in the pre-sales process while also independently driving sales to meet sales targets.
- Residence in specified territory is required.
- People with great influencing skills, great sales rigor to get results through others
- At least 75% travel required
- People that succeed in our team share a certain phenotype. It’s in our DNA and the foundation of what makes us successful.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com .