Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
We are seeking a Technical Leader – Software Engineer to take on a Leadership role with our team.
You will lead a team of technology engineers and professionals across complex multi-squad technical, regulatory, or other cross-cutting initiatives
- Positive impact to assigned team
- Contributes to the success of a team
- Enables team to operate well and deliver outcomes
- Ensure progress against important milestones where consistent and coordinated implementation is required
- Maintain a perspective on impact of change on patterns required for implementation
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts across various topics to understand implications on Manulife’s technology strategy
- Translate requirements for multi-disciplinary, complex programs into technical specifications applicable across a broad range of projects
- Evaluate and define existing technology standards to ensure compliance with program-level requirements
- Work with partner teams to redesign process flows when necessary
- Track emerging technology and policy trends that might affect day-to-day operationsCollaborate with teams to set Site Reliability standards for our applications.
- 2+ years experience within a technology leadership role
- Good understanding of IT Service Management Operations and ITIL concepts.
- Strong technical/development skills
- Life insurance experience an asset
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage and lead multiple initiatives across multiple teams
- Responds well to ambiguity and works efficiently to clarify situations and outcomes
- Cloud Foundry and other components supporting a highly-automated global engineering platform
- Experience implementing in cloud infrastructure (Azure preferably)
- Collaborative attitude, willingness to work with team members; able to coach, participate in code reviews, support or drive design sessions
- Constantly learns from both success and failure
- Good problem-solving skills that enable you to manage through creative abrasion
- Good verbal and written communication; able to effectively articulate technical vision, possibilities and outcomes
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.