Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is comprised of diverse, talented professionals located in more than 100 countries, jurisdictions and territories globally. Citi’s Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory (BCMA) is one of four divisions within ICG and provides comprehensive relationship coverage along with a full suite of products and services. In an effort to be the best possible financial partner to its institutional clients, the BCMA business strives to meet the demands w of Citi’s global client base through debt capital raising, merger and acquisitions, and equity-related strategic financing solutions.
BCMA technology is focused on building a cross-functional team of talented individuals, creating a unique platform to deliver products that will pioneer the industry through technical innovation and creativity.
Our mission as a business focused technology organization is to provide best-in-class products and services to our global clients.
- Over 200 years in business with a great team of creative, visionary and entrepreneurial thinkers.
- Tremendous opportunities to advance, open to everyone across all levels. Learn and grow simultaneously!
- We offer a unique journey of personal and professional development, accomplishment and satisfaction.
- We value intelligence and a global mindset. There is a strong culture of empowerment here – we embrace diversity.
- We do our best to be flexible and may differ depending on the business or area.
- Citi India supports would be and returning mothers with various childcare benefits.
- Citi offers a robust training program. We continually reevaluate our training model to ensure that we are always offering the most relevant and best in class training.
- At Citi, we value internal mobility. We want you to build a long-term career with us, so you can expect opportunities to move around the organization.
The position is within BCMA Technology and we are seeking a Technical Lead with strong hands-on experience in developing server-side components in Java. Candidate must have experience in developing enterprise application using Java/J2EE & Spring.
The work will include strategic state-of-the-art solutions using new stack development using Agile/ DevOps high standard/ Micro services/ Docker for application hosting.
Candidate will be working on fast-paced, highly visible and challenging projects. Candidate is expected to be a self-starter and someone who loves technology in general and excels when challenged.
- As a technical lead, analyze and collaborate technical solutions and strategies with the team and provide the optimum solution for our clients.
- Own success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions. Mentoring other developer on their implementation while needed, and organize review activities like design review, code review and technical document review etc. to make sure the success deliverable.
- Responsible for systems analysis, Design, Coding, Unit Testing and other SDLC activities
- Code reviews, exposure to continuous integration, test case reviews and ensure code developed meets the requirements
- Explore existing application systems, determines areas of complexity, potential risks to successful implementation
- Communicate continually with the client and project teams – Clarify client’s needs, present tech team ideas and explains progress on the development efforts.
- Contributes to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to software architecture, software development process and new technologies etc.
- Strictly follow Citi’s engineering standards and ensure these are followed across all modules in the project.
- Perform code & design reviews consistently.
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Act as technical advisor or coach to junior members in the team.
- Must have expert level (hands-on) knowledge and understanding in JAVA/J2EE spring boot, spring frameworkstack
- Must have Deep understanding of Microservice and Microservices best practices, patterns- Spring boot microservices is highly preferred
- Must have Hands-on MongoDB knowledge / experience
- Must have experience in SCMs like GIT; and tools like JIRA
- Good understanding of OpenShift & Docker
- Good understanding of Kafka is highly desirable
- Agile/Scrum methodology experience is required.
- Strong systems analysis, design and architecture fundamentals, Unit Testing and other SDLC activities
- Ability to contribute in high- and low-level system design (Sequence diagram, class diagrams)
- Strong communication skills, should be able to communicate effectively with business and other stakeholders
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant experience in Apps Development or systems analysis role
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience as technical team lead
- Extensive experience system analysis and in UI programming of software applications
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting