We are seeking a strong hands on technical lead for World Link technology team. The successful candidate will interact with the development Manager, Project Manager, as well as other departments within Citigroup.
This position will be responsible to provide support for both technical and business office related activities, which are essential in ensuring smooth delivery of WorldLink technology service to business.
The candidate requires exceptional communication skills across both technology and the business and will have a high degree of visibility. The candidate will be a rigorous technical lead with a strong understanding of how to build scalable, enterprise level global applications.
The ideal candidate will be dependable and resourceful software professional who can comfortably work in a large development team in a globally distributed, dynamic work environment that fosters diversity, teamwork and collaboration. The ability to work in high-pressured environment is essential.
- Partner with multiple management teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals as well as identify and define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process improvements
- Resolve variety of high impact problems/projects through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes, and industry standards
- Provide expertise in area and advanced knowledge of applications programming and ensure application design adheres to the overall architecture blueprint
- Utilize advanced knowledge of system flow and develop standards for coding, testing, debugging, and implementation
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business, such as architecture and infrastructure, integrate to accomplish business goals
- Provide in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define issues and develop innovative solutions
- Serve as advisor or coach to mid-level developers and analysts, allocating work as necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
- Project management, interpersonal, and communication skills, with high attention to detail
- 14+ years of relevant work experience, with minimum 5 years of experience managing projects
- Agile knowledge, preferably scrum
- Java/Oracle Implementation. Able to drive technical discussions
Technical / Functional Proficiency:
- The candidate should have proven record of accomplishment implementing a financial transaction system with significant volumes.
- Experience with Java and J2EE/Java EE (including servlets, JSP, JSF, JDBC)
- Database experience (Oracle/SQL)
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with development tools like Eclipse, Git, bitbucket, Sonar, Jira, TeamCity etc. Experience with messaging products like, Kafka or ActiveMQ
- Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, experience building thread safe code
- Experience with TDD, code testability standards, JUnit
- Significant understanding of Microservice patterns Advanced skills implementing API Service architectures (SOAP, REST) using any of the market leading API Management tools such as Apigee and frameworks such as Spring Boot for Microservices & concepts & its application in problem solving.
- Extensive experience delivering a Microservices based architecture leveraging APIs, containers and automation.
- Experience in Financial industry
- Java Certification, Project Management Certification
- Experience with Payments applications and processes would be advantageous
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting