Sandvik MIN, CNS - Canada
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is seeking a
Technical Development Manager
For over 150 years the name Sandvik has been synonymous with quality and customer focus. Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Currently, we have an opening for a Technical Development Manager. The Technical Development Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of regional technical competence programs with a strong focus on practical application in the workplace to build service capability by managing the end to end learning and development process for the service department.
- Identify training needs and trends within the service organization.
- In conjunction with the service managers, map competence levels and create a development matrix for the current skill levels of all technical specialists and workshop technicians.
- Develop and design training solutions which include a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, 1 on 1 sessions, action learning and e-learning.
- Deliver blended training solutions to delegates to train staff
- Ensure availability of training programs to develop service capability.
- Develop customer training modules or packages that Sandvik can offer.
- Work with global team to create certification programs.
- Drive the certification process of the workforce to align with global competence standards.
- Lead the technical specialists and provide technical training on proper operation, maintenance and troubleshooting practices.
- Assist with completion of supporting production documentation such as product manuals and technical support information.
- Provide technical support to end users, operators, and service personnel in cases of complex technical issues as needed.
Environmental Health and Safety
- Adherence to the Sandvik Environmental, Health & Safety Policy.
- Attending health and safety related trainings.
- Performing Risk Assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task.
- Identification and reporting of hazards.
- Working in a safe manner as reasonably practicable.
- Wearing the required PPE’s assigned for each location.
- Technical qualification in a mechanical discipline considered an asset.
- Formal education in training and assessment considered an asset.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage a team of various skill levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct presentations, train and transfer knowledge to others.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative.
- Superior customer relations and active listening skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to travel when required.
Sandvik offers an excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careersto Job Requisition #R0023081. We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.