NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Location: Montreal, Quebec (Virtual)
ThisTechnical Consultant / Senior Software Developerrole focuses on activities such as evaluating, designing, constructing, integrating, unit testing, troubleshooting and supporting
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Design, Development and Integration
- Convert requirements to functional requirements to develop software code that is accessible, usable, efficient, re-usable, cost effective, maintainable, reliable and installable.
- Designing and modeling program/code for an integrated software product or system that supports re-use, change and integration of various components.
- Constructing software, which meets requirements, promotes re-use of software components, and facilitates ease of support.
- Conducting unit tests, tracking problems, and implementing changes to ensure adherence to test plan and functional requirements
- Diagnosing, isolating, and implementing remedies for system failures caused by errors in software code, using knowledge of system characteristics and utilizingsoftware basedsystem maintenance and tracking tools.
- Perform functional analysis of requirements to determine estimates of resources (people and equipment), size of the software products, efforts, schedules and critical computer resources.
- Establish acceptance criteria and quality goals
- Provides estimates, goals, standards, constraints and dependencies as input to the SOW and the software development plan
- Support QA in the end-to-end testing process
- Candidate will work from Customer sites and on occasion from his/her home office. Candidate may also be called to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Disciplineor equivalentwork experience
- Minimum 8 years (of which 4-5 would be in financial services environment) programming experience in developing client applications, identifying software problems and debugging
- Understanding of CEN XFS interface and working experience programming in this environment
- Client application development experience is desired (as opposed to database application development experience)
- Technical project leadership experience organizing project resources
- Experience working with Microsoft operating system technology – specifically Windows 10
- Experience developing with Microsoft’s .NET Framework and associated technologies
- Experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio development tools
- Experience building and supporting 7×24 resilient or mission critical systems
- Experience creating and leading group presentations, hosting web seminars and public speaking
- The senior software developer experience must demonstrate strong proficiency with the following technologies: AngularJS, NodeJS, HTML5, CSS3, C#, .NET, JAVA, REST, Windows, Unix, COM, Web Services, SOA architecture, SOAP, Services and REST XML working in conjunction with Java/J2E and integration platforms (SOAP, Web Services) as well as has a history of development and solutions with other technologies and integration such as C, C++, and has experience with SQL DMBS
- Experience working with check acceptance and cash acceptance solutions
- Financial institution or network switch ATM operational experience
- Knowledge and experience working with NDC or other ATM message formats
- Experience building or integrating Web Services applications (Tomcat, WebSphere or IIS)
- Experience working with any source control package
- Prefer someone who speaks French
- Working knowledge ofSelf-ServiceSoftware Product Lines
- Development of artifact and code for EAI, Integration Applications and managed file transfers.
- Designing interfaces for bank related software for transaction processing, involving the switch, ATM, teller video, and integration of middle tier software and development thereof.
- Documentation of technical design and communication of the same with the project manager, account manager, technical consultant, and development team as well as customer technical resources.
- This is senior level positionthat willlead solution delivery and the execution of client consulting projects, and help secure new consulting engagements through value add and providing services to the sales organization. This resource owns the solution throughout the life of the effort from post-sale through deployment and will be expected to:
– Work with the project manager(s) to create the project plan with tasks, resources, and effort, and in some cases must act as the technical lead if there is no PM is available (combined role for
– Work with the Quality Assurance Manager and testing team to create User Stories or Use Cases (whichever methodology is used for the project/customer)
– Provide input into test team DIT, Smoke Test, UAT, Regression, Performance, etc.
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.