Equifax is seeking a Technical Cloud Applications Architect with hands-on GCP experience to join our team in Toronto, CA. Equifax is located Uptown, seconds from the main subway line.
Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a global data, analytics, and technology company. We believe knowledge drives progress. We blend unique data, analytics and technology with a passion for serving customers globally, to create insights to power the decisions that move people forward. We serve as a consumer advocate, steward of financial literacy, and champion of economic advancement.
As an innovative global company that enables access to credit, we’re part of breakthrough collaborations and innovations that address complex social challenges such as social welfare, community relations and financial education for underprivileged youth. We establish relationships that create economically healthy communities. We help individuals gain financial independence by increasing access to capital for small businesses. And we provide young adults entering college or university with financial education tools.
Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our people makes a difference in our business. We are Powering the World with Knowledge and looking for talented team players to join us as we help people live their financial best.
The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
- We offer excellent compensation packages with high-reaching market salaries, 401k matching, along with the works: comprehensive healthcare packages, schedule flexibility, collaborative work spaces, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential
- Grow at your own pace through online courses at Learning @ Equifax
What You’ll Do
- Provide hands-on guidance on leading edge implementations and integrations to application development teams, including 12-factor app design, security and compliance
- Optimize and design cloud-based strategies for a cost-effective delivery of reliable and scalable systems
- Assess cloud maturity, review existing GCP implementations, identify gaps and suggest improvements
- Provide a unified strategy for GCP transformation governance, automation, security, implementation and operations
- Design GCP architecture to enable cloud migration programs, analyze existing application and IT services portfolios, develop assets migration, transformation and automation approach, craft implementation roadmaps
- Help lead through the day-to-day technical and organizational challenges of cloud and DevOps transformation
- Create thought leadership on Google solutions and hybrid clouds
- Communicate ideas clearly in written and diagram form
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other team members
- Work with international partners and colleagues to achieve architectural alignment
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- 8+ years of progressive experience within Information Technology
- 2+ years of proven GCP experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complex, cloud-native batch and real-time projects with clearly articulated business benefits
- Subject Matter Expertise in Google Cloud Platform, along with hands on experience and a deep understanding of GCP Services and Cloud Native Tools
- History of successful implementation of complex Google or hybrid cloud architecture solutions
- Expert knowledge in private, public and hybrid cloud architecture, networking, workload types, migration patterns and tools
- Deep understanding of cloud design patterns, cloud operations and cloud cost models with hands-on ability to implement best practices or suggest improvements
- Hands on Java and Python development experience designing and coding enterprise applications, including the ability to test coding, find errors, and make corrections to provide quality code
- Experience with microservices architecture (Istio, Anthos)
- Hands on expertise building and integrating API’s
- Strong deployment experience using Docker along with good knowledge of Kubernetes and other cloud based / open source technologies
- Deep understanding of Identity and Access Management, along with general Security concepts
- Hands on experience with the following GCP services:
- Bigtable, Dataflow, Dataproc, Composer, Functions, Pub/Sub, Dataprep, BigQuery, GKE,
- Google certifications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding personal initiative and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines and efficiently multitask
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with team members at various levels, including business leaders
Extra Points for any of the Following
- Expert knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Scala development experience
- Strong understanding or a keen interest in Machine Learning
- Familiarity with classic on-prem Hadoop model (preferably Cloudera flavour)
- Familiarity with the following GCP services:
- Cloud Data Studio, Looker
Success Attributes of an Equifax employee; does this describe you?
- Think and act differently
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today – we’re looking for you!
Function – Tech Dev and Client Services