****Only candidates who are fully fluent in French and English will be considered***
Trimble Forestry is the leading provider of business solutions for timber management and wood product companies. We help companies take advantage of current technology to achieve operational efficiencies so they can make better-informed business decisions. Our systems can manage one small aspect, or the entire forestry cycle from silviculture, harvesting, procuring, hauling, consuming, inventory, or selling logs and/or wood byproducts.
With the launch of our ConnectedForest solutions, we are growing rapidly. To help with our growth, we are seeking an experienced Technical Application Support Analyst. Are you able to create a positive customer experience by understanding and addressing their concerns quickly, professionally, and accurately?
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Act as an application expert with strong diagnostic, troubleshooting skills
- Provide technical support for application written in advanced SQL languages (Based on Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server), Windows-based GUI applications, IOS, Android apps; address daily issues, break-fix, change requests, implementation of enhancements, additional functionality
- Thoroughly research issues to identify root cause, communicate status with an appropriate sense of urgency, follow through with agreed upon resolution
- Analyze and document technical requirements to ensure all solutions successfully address business and system requirements in a fully integrated manner
- Perform unit testing; support implementers and developer resources where needed
- Communicate regularly management and peers regarding progress, status, issues, and critical decisions; call out risks
- Maintain and expand documentation on all systems configurations, processes, and procedures
- Some Report and Code writing responsibilities are included in this position
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills suitable for communication to all levels in English and French
- Great ability to retain information
- Technical aptitude with the ability to learn quickly
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are a must
- Friendly and professional phone manner
- Assertive and proactive with addressing customer issues
- Knowledge in Transact-SQL or PL/SQL writing stored procedures, table schemas, and views
- Experience with Oracle and client-server development tools (such as Delphi) a plus
- Experience supporting multi-tier applications for Android or iOS devices
- Experience working with teams in multiple locations and time zones
- Passion for continuous learning!
Information to Review:
The following links are recommended in order to better your understanding of Trimble, and the products available within this particular division.
- Trimble Forestry
Videos to Review:
- Trimble: Innovation at its Best
- Trimble: A History of Outstanding Innovations
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.