Epocal, part ofSiemens Healthineers, is a leading manufacturer of a clinical Point Of Care(POC) diagnostic product. The epoc© BloodAnalysis System is healthcare’s first cost-effective POC testing solution toleverage Smartcard Technology and wireless communication to provide caregiverswith real-time, lab-quality blood gas, electrolyte, and metabolite results atthe patient bedside. This system is now a well-establishedtool of the medical profession available worldwide. Epocal is committed todelivering high-quality products and services that patients and providers canrely on for consistently accurate and actionable information. We deploy uniqueinnovative technologies that not only transform diagnostic products, but alsoexpand into new platforms and solutions with proven health and economicoutcomes.
Epocal was acquired by Siemens Healthineers inOctober 2017. As a leading global healthcare company, we at SiemensHealthineers develop innovations that support better patient outcomes withgreater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet theclinical, operational, and financial challenges of a changing healthcarelandscape. As a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, andhealthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entirepatient care continuum – from prevention and early detection to diagnosis andtreatment.
For more than 100 years, Siemens Healthineers inCanada has helped healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomeswhile reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 450employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcareproviders, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by thetechnologies we provide.
More information is available at: www.siemens-healthineers.ca
Under the supervision of the Manager,Chemical Preparation Operations; the Technical Analyst – Level I is responsible for is responsiblefor the operation and maintenance of instruments in the Chemical PreparationLaboratory, which are used to test the quality of specific parameters ofmaterials and solutions.
- Follows written procedures for each instruments’ quality tests andmaintains appropriate records for each activity
- Operates and updates daily schedule to ensure all maintenance andtesting is completed
- Accurate and timely testing chemical mixes for sensor and test cardassembly processes
- Maintains Technical Analysis laboratory cleanliness andorganization
- Tracks information regarding consumables usage to ensure inventory ismaintained
- Performs routine checks on all equipment to ensure calibration iscomplete and up to date
- Performs particle size analysis and solid content determination
- Tests Cal Fluid on blood and gas analysis instruments
- Collects and performs checks for microbial testing samples
- Required to carry out routine maintenance of testing and processequipment, and record these activities in maintenance logs
- Assists in process and equipment improvement efforts
- Additional training on tools and processes may be required
- able to be contacted for on call services if necessary
Note: Duties are not limitedto those listed above. Additional duties may be assigned as required. However,reasonable accommodations will be made if all possible under businessconditions.
- Reports directly to Manager,Chemical Preparation Operations.
- Follow daily schedule directionfrom Chemical Preparation Lead Hand.
- Regularly interacts with process engineers, equipment technicians,clinical services lab and assembly operators to ensure adequate supply ofchemical mixtures throughout the shift. Also works in close proximity with allpersonnel in Chem Prep lab.
- Routine, detailed nature of QC and maintenance tasks
- Ability to multitask and change priorities quickly
- Effective communication with other departments in the company
Skills& Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- A degree or technical diploma inChemistry, Biology, or a related science field and/or an equivalent combinationof education and technical experience acceptable to Epocal
- Experience in a regulated industryis an asset
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca .
Siemens s’engage À créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès À l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels À Siemens Canada limitée ou À ses sociétés affiliées, À ses fournisseurs de services ou À ses agents, vous nous autorisez À recueillir, À utiliser et À divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca .