J.D. Irving, Limited
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has business units in:
- Construction & Equipment
- Consumer Products
- Forestry and Forestry Products
- Retail and Distributions
- Shipbuilding and Industrial Fabrication
- Transportation and Logistics
Our growth is driven by a set of consistent fundamental values through the years:
- Uncompromising quality in making products and committed service to our valued customers
- An unwavering focus on continuous improvement and innovation in our diverse businesses
- A responsibility to make a positive difference in our communities, where we are proud to live and work, as well as to the health of the land, air and water that sustains our world
At JDI IT,the belief that what people experience matters more than technologyis integral to how we work with and support our customers.
With over 300 employees centralized in Saint John, Fredericton, Dieppe and Halifax, we offer ourteamthe opportunity to create real value by helping people and businesses work smarter. JDI IT supportsallthe J.D. Irving Limited group of companies and therefore offers opportunities and experiences across a wide breadth of IT areas, businesses and industries. As a member of the JDI IT team, you will be a key player in enabling the business to win by overcoming obstacles and “getting it done”!
We invest in continuous professional growth and believe that our ability as a team grows exponentially when we share success- as such, your coworkers will be among the best in the Maritimes.
Sound good so far? Then please read on – and if the below description fits your interestsand experience,we encourage you to apply. Come help JDI IT Raise the Bar!
Our head office location offers an employee fitness facility, as well as a café and parking garage.
Reporting to the IT Director, Business Solutions, the Technical Support Analyst is a pivotal role enabling quality support and service to the J.D. Irving, Ltd. group of companies. Our head office location offers an employee fitness facility, as well as a café and parking garage.
- Education Required: Trade Certification or Associate’s Degree with a technical relevance
- Years of Experience Required: 2-5 years
- Customer service mindset with a high level of attention on delivering a quality service
- High energy with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel with some local travel requirements (primarily within the province)
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or within a team
- Excellent and customer focused communication skills while building a professional relationship with end users
- Physical ability to complete setups and deployment of computer equipment
- Experience with some of the following technologies would be expected: Windows 10, Microsoft 365, Microsoft SCCM, DHCP, DNS, WIFI, Satellite, VSat
- Basic networking skills both wireless and end point switching (Cisco, Juniper) and client remote access
- Certifications in the following would be considered an asset: Network+, A+, Lenovo Hardware, Dell Hardware, Cisco Switching (CCNA)
- Provide day-to-day support to J.D. Irving end users, specifically related to end user computing devices (desktops, laptops, mobile devices)
- Resolve technical support issues that cannot be resolved by the Service Desk or requires hands on approach
- Deploy all IT solutions related to end user devices, including J.D. Irving Ltd. site set up and deployment of new end user technologies including desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, VoIP telephony, network equipment, server migrations, and satellite technology and software applications
- Analyze, document, and escalate critical issues to appropriate support groups
- Monitor and ensure timely escalation of customer issues to internal organizations and/or vendors
- Perform preventative maintenance and install upgrades and options
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.