As a Web Development Team Lead, you will be responsible for a team consisting of internal and external developers and lead them to deliver technical solutions using the latest engineering practices and patterns. You will be playing a central role in leading processes for high level estimation, design, development, and delivery of consumer-facing features for Canada Goose’s web products. With focus on technical excellence and development team spirit, you will help the team to effectively interact with product owners, business analysts, UI/UX designers and other development teams.
- Lead day to day operation of web development team by helping prioritize work, facilitate daily planning meetings and assist team members with solving technical issues
- Collaborate with other development teams, business analysts, project managers, business partners, end users and operations teams to identify and facility process to solve business challenges using innovative approaches
- Work with Vendors as required
- Coach and guide team members to clarify goals, decrease stress and grow team spirit
- Create opportunities for team members to grow as professionals and stay up to date with current technologies, engineering practices and patterns using continuous learning approach
- Proactively promote continuous improvements within SDLC processes and engineering practices
- Work directly with Business Analysis and QA teams to evolve testing practices and patterns
Experience, Education and Designations:
- A post-secondary education in Computer Science or Information Management or relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience leading development teams
- In depth understanding and experience in rollout of Agile project management frameworks.
- Hands-on development of Salesforce Commerce Cloud including integrations with external systems and partners such as CMS, CRM, ERP, fraud management and payment processors
- Expert attention to technical detail
- Systematic troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Effective planning, prioritizing, goal setting skills
- Demonstrated commitment to quality, including testing and validation
- Ability to conduct research for new solutions using industry standards, best practices and products
- 8+ years of experience building high-quality, high visibility web sites using ecommerce platforms like Demandware, Magento, etc.
- 5+ years of experience building responsive web applications using frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.
- Experience building products for international audiences and optimized for various Search Engines
- Brand Ambassador for promoting continuous technical improvements and innovations
- Strong organizational, writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Possess excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of change
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- A team player who builds strong relationships based on trust and integrity
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passionate and determined
- A continuous learner
- Follow through consistently on work commitments
- Usually work regular business hour
- Work in offices
- May require travel to local or international sites, conferences and/or seminars
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.’s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.