We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 2,700 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Are you looking to experience life on the other side of the firm? You always thought that the grass was greener, well it actually is! Here at IBI you will have the opportunity to submerge yourself on the day to day challenges that one faces as IBI navigates through evolving tax laws. If you have a positive personality and like to learn by immersing yourself into challenges, then this role is for you.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Prepare quarterly income tax provisions which includes reconciliation of income tax accounts.
- Prepare the T2, T1134 and T106 Returns for all Canadian entities along with the compilations of all legal entity financial statements.
- Coordinate standby letters of credit with our bank and Export Development Canada ensuring that all documentation retention is completed in a consistent and detailed manner.
- Coordinate the Consolidated Tax entries prepared by Corporate with all the International entities.
- Manage routine desk reviews and audits requested by the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Preparation of the daily cash report for Senior management.
- Assist with the US Tax compliance procedures and coordinate with external consultants as needed.
- Assist with audit preparation by liaising with auditors for documentation requests
- Assist with presentations to IBI directors on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Provide assistance to the accounting and administration team as required and any other ad-hoc duties.
You'll need to have:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Completed the CFE exam and have completed / substantially completed all the hours required to qualify as a CPA
- 2 to 5 years of experience with a Big 6 Accounting Firm.
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot Tables and V-Lookups)
- Must have experience with variance analysis, forecasting, preparing financial reports
- Should have Canadian Tax experience an asset: Experience with HST filings and dealing with the CRA
- Adaptability, willingness to learn and flexibility extremely important
- Ability to work within tight and competing deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Self starter and an excellent team player
Located at 55 St. Clair Ave West, this office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 7 floors, with over 700 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. #ibi
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.