Bird Construction Group
Bird Construction is a leading general contractor in Canada with a long history of service that has offices from coast to coast. Bird’s clients include leading firms in the commercial, institutional, retail, multi-tenant residential, industrial, mining, water and wastewater, energy and civil sectors. Today, Bird is a publicly traded corporation
with employees forming a significant shareholder group. This enhances the degree to which employees at all levels commit to their clients. A hands-on approach to the business has given Bird an edge in being able to make decisions quickly and to adapt to the requirements of their clients.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Tax Analyst will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of corporate tax compliance, planning and analysis and accounting for income taxes. Bird Construction is seeking a highly motivated individual, with attention to detail, who demonstrates abilities to deal with sensitive issues in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are critical.
Term Duration: 6 months
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare quarter end tax provisions and supporting schedules, including the current and deferred tax provisions, in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring all reporting deadlines are met
- Prepare the group’s corporate and partnership income tax returns, as well as the T5018’s
- Prepare the reconciliation of Notices of Assessment and CRA statements.
- Assist in coordination of the external and Canada Revenue Agency audits
- Researching, interpreting and applying tax legislation and identifying any changes in federal and provincial legislative tax laws to determine the impact to the business
- Assist in ad hoc research requests concerning commodity tax issues to ensure tax compliance
- Applying intercompany transfer pricing and management fee methodology
- Assist and participate in special projects and other duties as necessary
- CPA designation
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in corporate income tax
- Understanding of Canadian tax legislation and a passionate interest in developing their Canadian income tax knowledge
- Knowledge of financial reporting under IFRS
- Experience in SAP
- Proven analytical/problem solving skills
- Hands on and willing to roll up their sleeves
- Strong communicator and motivator; results oriented
- Highly accurate and efficient with excellent attention to detail
- Deliver results under tight deadlines
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Bird; although, only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Calgary, Calgary, AB, Edmonton, AB, Richmond, BC, Winnipeg, MB
Fixed Term without Benefits (Fixed Term)