David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit for a Tax Analyst.
Reporting to the Director, Sales and Use Tax, the Tax Analyst, Sales Tax is responsible for U.S. and International Sales and Use Tax compliance and the maintenance of SAP sales tax master data.
- Prepare U.S. sales and use tax and International VAT returns and reports for other government prescribed information requirements
- Maintain the U.S. restaurant list with tax jurisdictions and rates
- Prepare U.S. sales tax monthly balance sheet binder schedules
- Review invoices for purchases/sales and recommend sales and use tax adjustments as required
- Assist with contingency and other reviews to generate general and administrative savings while identifying potential exposures
- Maintain SAP tax rates, tax conditions, tax jurisdictions, and customer configurations
- Review Master data in SAP for proper tax ability and configuration
- Assist with testing SAP program change requests to ensure the tax changes are functioning correctly
- Assist with government sales tax audits by preparing schedules and obtaining supporting documentation
- Support Finance staff on Canadian and U.S. tax ability issues
- Assist with other projects as required
The Ideal Candidate:
- 2-5 years of accounting or finance experience
- Strong computer skills (including Excel and SAP)
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Willingness to learn and be a team player
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Neil Nunes , Consultant, Aplin Accounting & Finance. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly 4 decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com. #LI-GTA