Loblaw Companies Limited
600-500 Lakeshore Blvd. West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2V9
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
As the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will be responsible for managing the full-cycle recruitment process, primarily for the Data Insights and Analytics group. In this role you will continually partner with clients to develop and implement recruitment strategies and methodologies which meet the business needs in order to fill open positions cost effectively, through sourcing and selecting top talent.
What You’ll Do:
- You will identify and utilize creative sourcing strategies to attract top talent at all levels within our corporate environment. You will develop cost effective, efficient, proactive and innovative solutions to meet clients’ recruiting needs.
- Conduct interviews to assess candidates; make hiring recommendations; provide support and counsel to hiring managers throughout the recruitment process
- You will develop and maintain working relationships with internal stakeholders to understand current and future recruitment needs, and determine optimum sourcing strategies
- As an expert in recruitment, you will provide feedback and recommendations to both the candidate and hiring manager regarding strengths and development opportunities, with the goal of selecting the most qualified candidate
- Manage the job offer process, including negotiation and background checks
- You will use our ATS Workday, to maintain information during the recruitment process; ensuring all information is current and activity is updated on a regular basis
- Build and leverage relationships with schools to source and attract top talent
- Identify recruitment strategies and relationships that align and support our diversity, equity and inclusion goals
What You’ll Need:
- Extensive experience in recruitment (preferably within a corporate in-house recruitment role)
- Education-Post secondary education equivalent to a diploma or degree in HR or a related field is preferred
- Experience in recruitment with Data Science, Data Engineering and Data Analytics is an asset
- Sourcing-Strong understanding of “leading market” sourcing and recruitment techniques and methods; effective at identifying and sourcing passive candidates; strong direct sourcing. Familiarity with Boolean search strings
- Portfolio Management- Ability to effectively manage a corporate portfolio consisting of 15+ vacancies/requisitions at one time
- Consultant- Well developed advisory skills; effective influencing and conflict resolution skills
- Detail Oriented-Ability to pay close attention to details and maintain accurate records
- MS Office -Proficient computer skills to produce effective reports, documents and presentations
- ATS – Exposure to an applicant tracking system (ATS), Workday preferred
- Professionalism- Tactful and diplomatic; demonstrates discretion and business acumen; able to work with diverse personalities and work styles
- Adaptable- Proficient at prioritizing work
- Communication- Strong English verbal and written skills; effective negotiation skills
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.