Integration Developer (Services Team)
Company: BlackBerry QNX
QNX has been a leading provider of operating systems for the embedded marketplace for over 30 years. Our operating system is used extensively in a wide range of embedded systems to power some amazing things. You can find our software in high-speed trains, in-car infotainment systems, medical devices, advanced vision systems on the International Space Station, and digital-instrument-clusters in millions of vehicles around the world.
The role of the Systems Software Developer is to deliver professional integration services and solutions for all QNX products. In this role you will resolve complex technical issues and use innovative thinking in the development and delivery of solutions for customer issues. The Systems Software Developer acts as a consultative partner providing expertise, analysis and advice to external customers. The Systems Software Developer will develop and maintain strong working relationships with various internal stakeholders, in order to resolve issues that positively impact the customers experience.
Conducts varied trouble shooting and customer service work related to all QNX products (Networking, USB, Kernel, Safety, Security, Hypervisor, Graphics, IDE, tools, etc…). Documents, supports and resolves consumer inquiries pertaining to QNX products and escalates to the appropriate parties when required. Collaborates with peers to proactively, and reactively resolve technical issues and demonstrates innovative thinking.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or another related field;
- 1-3+ years customer service experience in related environment;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered;
- Must have strong C programming skills;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of shell scripting languages, GCC and GDB is considered an asset;
- Experience working on large projects with high levels of integration would be an asset;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation, including the ability to identify and analyze technical problems;
- Working knowledge of POSIX/Unix operating system and embedded software development principles;
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive matters with a degree of diplomacy, tact and confidentiality;
- Hands on experience with embedded systems is an asset;
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn about new technologies;
Job Family Group Name:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: