Put your diploma or degree to work and make a difference at The Co-operators. You’ll find a wide range of opportunities in your field of study to help develop the skills and experience required to be successful in your career.
The Co-operators is looking for a Student Systems Security Access Administrator in the Information Technology department located in Regina, SK. This is approximately a 6-month contract position, starting on March 29, 2021.
Our Information Technology team aspires to be a leader in applying technology to power business strategies. We connect concepts with solutions to create value and efficiencies for our clients, employees, and communities. Our success is driven by our skilled and diverse team who are passionate about excellence, innovation, and agility. The Systems Security Access Administrator is responsible for all security account administration tasks such as defining users, granting access and revoking privileges of both internal and external users of computing resources and applications. The incumbent monitors, responds to, and manages access requests and problem reports from tracking and request systems, and provides first and second level support for clients and Help Desk.
What you’re responsible for:
- Fulfill service/support requests that require appropriate access to IT services and systems for all levels of staff.
- Process requests for new, changed and terminated security access in accordance with defined procedures and company policies.
- Monitor incoming support tickets from end users or escalated from Help Desk to Security Admin.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends to develop ways to prevent repeated future problems.
- Create and maintain documented procedures and processes related to the provisioning of user security access.
- Develop and maintain security account administration tracking databases.
- Create and provide reports for auditors (internal and external) on general access controls in response to ad hoc requests or as part of scheduled audits.
- Provide input into security management and security architect standards and documentation.
What to expect:
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
To be successful:
- You influence change and are committed to continuous improvement, in order to exceed client expectations.
- You leverage critical thinking skills to identify problems and proactively propose solutions.
- Your strong communication skills allow you to clearly convey messages.
- You’re an effective team player who shares knowledge to support your peers.
To join our team:
- You are currently enrolled in post-secondary education, preferably in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- You have two years of customer service or relevant business experience.
- You have knowledge of security requirements within a complex IT environment.
- You have experience with desktop and server operating systems.
- You have experience with Active Directory/Azure and Windows 10.
What we offer:
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada’s Best Employers.
- Flexible work options to support your personal and family needs.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and a supportive workplace culture.