Requisition ID: 97591
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Scotiabank’s Global Technology Services (GTS) Pega Operations department is responsible for maintaining the various 24×7 Pega infrastructures used to support our customers.
You will play a critical part in maintaining and building of new environments for the various Pega infrastructures, including Microsoft Azure, IBM On-Premise and RedHat Linux Private Cloud. This includes day to day incident management (troubleshooting, identifying root cause, monitor server health) as well as operational support (hotfix installations, application release/change management).
Is this role right for you?
- You have a keen focus on customer service excellence
- You are willing to jump in & provide technical leadership, ideally around software development methodology.
- Being proactive & dynamic is a part of your DNA.
- You have a track record of taking initiative.
- You possess an eagerness to learn and thrive on challenges.
- You understand & embrace the need to align solutions with the risk appetite of a business operating in a regulated industry where information security is critical.
- You must be highly flexible in hours of work because of customer-facing and highly available infrastructure needs. There will be some rotational shifts covering late afternoon, evenings or overnight, including weekends and statutory/bank holidays.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have strong communication skills (verbal/written) in English. The same in Spanish is an asset.
- You have at least 8+ years of hands-on technical working experience, in the capacity of an Administrator and/or Developer and/or Architect, with Pega or a related case management application.
- You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience with Pega Azure Cloud.
- You have at least 8+ years of hands-on technical working experience in supporting Pega clients across multiple geographical locations through maintaining different Pega infrastructures, application deployment development cycle and release/change management. And, this would include integrating and supporting vendor packages in an established production environment consisting of various technologies and platforms.
- You have at least 2+ years of hands-on working knowledge in the use of monitoring tools like Pega Diagnostic Cloud (PDC) and/or Splunk and/or Dynatrace.
- You have 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience with some or all of the following middleware technologies (WebSphere; JBoss; Tomcat; WebLogic).
- You also have 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience with Linux/UNIX, with a preference towards Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) & AIX.
- You can demonstrate a strong background with client-server and AWS-based environments.
- You can demonstrate very good proficiency in the use of 1 or more of the following scripting languages (Python, Bash, PowerShell or Java).
- You can demonstrate an excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills to quickly and effectively resolve problems.
- You are highly creative in identifying and researching technical solutions. You can take abstract concepts and apply them to formulate solutions to resolve business problems.
- You can keep your knowledge current with rapidly changing technology trends and provide recommendations on future directions and architecture.
- You have working knowledge of common debugging & error logging.
- Working experience with any of the following relational & non-relational databases (Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL Managed Instance & Apache Cassandra)
- Technical working knowledge/experience in the use of Puppet; GIT and/or Bitbucket; Jenkins is an asset.
- Technical working experience with Pega 8.x & building application containers and managing through Kubernetes is also an asset.
- Completion of a post secondary education in Technology or Engineering related major.
- Completion of a Pega CSSA (Certified Senior System Architect) is an asset.
What’s in it for you?
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work.
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We have a collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success! We also foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We provide employees with an environment that is safe, inclusive and reflective of all communities by promoting fair and equitable treatment; and prioritizing unconscious bias and anti-racism training.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- While we currently work remotely from home, when it is deemed safe to work back to the office, our primary location is:
- Freshly renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology. Onsite cafeteria plus complimentary hot beverage stations in the workplace.
- Minutes by TTC bus from Warden subway station on Line 2. Free employee shuttle service connecting the IT campus with nearby GO stations. 2022 opening of the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit with the Birchmount stop by our IT campus.
- Minutes from the 401 & DVP. Free onsite & offsite employee parking with charging stations for electric vehicles onsite.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.