What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Do you flourish with collaboration?
If so, we have an awesome opportunity for a Systems Engineer with a focus in power firmware embedded development and ASIC debug and bring up. You will be responsible for the full complement of AMD’s APU and CPU designs, developing power features and driving continuous improvement in all areas.
We are looking for an individual that thrives in cross team collaboration and is excited at the prospect of rapidly switching gears and moving to new programs. Because of this your ability to adapt, collaborate and communicate is key to your success!
- The successful candidate will assume end to end responsibility for post-silicon activities related to power and system management IP in CPU/APU products.
- Develop and execute feature enablement and test plans for system and power management IP
- Writing firmware for embedded u-controllers in C
- Debugging and solving system-level issues that may occur in test environments and platforms
- Prototype FW power management features for future chips by implementing them on existing products and studying their efficiency
- Develop test automation infrastructure and scripts
- Proactively driving improvement with all touchpoints.
- Experience with writing and debugging system software or firmware for embedded systems
- Excellent knowledge of C, C++ and a scripting language, experience with programming in assembly
- Deep understanding of digital electronics
- Good understanding of computer organization/architecture.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Power/thermal management experience would be advantageous.
- Security/cryptography experience is an asset
- Strong analytical skills and pronounced attention to details.
- Must be a self-starter, and able to independently drive tasks to completion.
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electronics/Computer Engineering or Computer Science with emphasis on computer architecture
Requisition Number: [[id]]
Country: [[filter1]] State: [[filter2]] City: [[filter3]]
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact [email protected]
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.