Hudson's Bay Company
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their omni-channel platforms and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 350 stores and more than 45,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture. HBC has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures in Europe.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious .NET Developer to join our team. As a .NET Developer you will be involved in design, development, coding, customization, configuration, testing, and deployment in support of enterprise packaged solutions.
Who You Are:
- You painlessly overcome obstacles while respecting others’ points of view and positions
- You are an expert communicator, with the special ability to build strong business relationships beyond your immediate team
- You are keenly interested in telling stories and making cases via data, analytics, trend graphs, and metrics
- You enjoy presenting ideas and information to business groups you are familiar with, and to new ones
- You are able to work independently and can prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- You have proven time management skills and are comfortable managing multiple projects and dealing with shifting priorities
- You are extremely results-oriented, and a true solution-seeker
- You are flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- You are a respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization
- You are a change agent who is flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid paced environment
As the Systems Analyst (.NET), You Will:
- Prepare and maintain code for various .NET applications and resolve any defects in systems.
- Prepare test-based applications for various .NET applications.
- Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Manage defect tracking system and resolve all issues and prepare update for systems
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
You Also Have:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or equivalent with programming experience
- 3-5 years of design and/or development experience with .NET, C#, ASP.NET, iOS/Cordova, Windows Forms and SQL Server and Visual Studio
- Strong background in object-oriented development techniques
- Solution Design Patterns and Best Practices, e.g. SOA
- Database design and development (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Experience with Web Services, WCF and Service Oriented Architecture a plus
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycles
- Passion for technology and knowledge
How Often you May Travel:
- 10% within North America
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discounts
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.